English anyone?

PowerMax

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
I know that CES is here but why I am not able to reach a CSR that speaks English when calling? I have called 4 times and asked to be transfered to the United States, this is getting ridiculous.

Does someone here have an English only number?

I am not with E*, so I do nto have a number for you, but, what works for me in other dealings with oversea operations, is call for the sales dept. (those are almost ALWAYS U.S.-based) and have them transfer you to your desired dept., most phone systems in use are not setup for transfers from U.S. offices to overseas extensions, meaning whatever they transfer you to will likely be in the U.S..

Last edited:
And you worry about ID-Theft

Well. I had E* CSR on the line and they are located in the Philippines. Wow, some country beats India for outsourcing deals…

Well. I had E* CSR on the line and they are located in the Philippines. Wow, some country beats India for outsourcing deals…
Bucking Billibino's ... I understand them!!! It is the Central American's. The only thing I ever saw in PI was exact change dropped on a Budweiser, in India they write great code!:eek:

I am not sure what the Corpus Encoding Standard has to do with E* CSR's but I am curious if you are being literal. I have always spoken with someone who has spoken competent, if accented, English. Whether or not the CSR was actually able ("empowered") to help is a different issue. Getting somebody in the U.S. is no guarantee of understandable speech. (Para Espanol, marque dos....). We should be more concerned with personal information being disclosed as it will inevitably end up being sold somewhere on the Indian subcontinent. Whenever possible, use a non-toll free number. It is no guarantee that you won't be switched to Bombay, er, Mumbai but it is less likely and well worth the charge. Much less complicated that figuring out why your credit card was charged by a massage parlor in Bangkok.

I know that CES is here but why I am not able to reach a CSR that speaks English when calling? I have called 4 times and asked to be transfered to the United States, this is getting ridiculous.

I am not sure what the Corpus Encoding Standard has to do with E* CSR's but I am curious if you are being literal. I have always spoken with someone who has spoken competent, if accented, English. Whether or not the CSR was actually able ("empowered") to help is a different issue. Getting somebody in the U.S. is no guarantee of understandable speech. (Para Espanol, marque dos....). We should be more concerned with personal information being disclosed as it will inevitably end up being sold somewhere on the Indian subcontinent. Whenever possible, use a non-toll free number. It is no guarantee that you won't be switched to Bombay, er, Mumbai but it is less likely and well worth the charge. Much less complicated that figuring out why your credit card was charged by a massage parlor in Bangkok.
That too is good and valuable feedback I am sure there is still a "303" number and I have VoIP so LD is not an issue. The THREE agents I got today all spoke immaculate English with an accent so heavy that I simply could not piece it together. As I said to my wife "I have no problem talking to a black, catholic-jew from bogota that is actually opaque as long as they are able to help.

In case anyone is curious, xenophobia and racism are likely genetic aspects of all human beings.

For most of the existence of the human species, we lived in groups of roughly 150 people (all of whom knew each other). Those who developed instinctual suspicion of people they did not know, lived to pass on their genes, and those who lacked that suspicion often did not survive.

PS Any behaviour that at first glance does not make sense, usually stems from some trait that helped us survive 100,000 years ago...

Try advanced technical support..You stand a very good chance of getting routed to a domestic call center..
Use the normal customer service number and ask to be transfered to the advanced technical department..If the CSR gives you any static, make the request a demand.....

In case anyone is curious, xenophobia and racism are likely genetic aspects of all human beings.

For most of the existence of the human species, we lived in groups of roughly 150 people (all of whom knew each other). Those who developed instinctual suspicion of people they did not know, lived to pass on their genes, and those who lacked that suspicion often did not survive.

PS Any behaviour that at first glance does not make sense, usually stems from some trait that helped us survive 100,000 years ago...
Lemmie guess ... Texas? No way man, it is a learned behavior and nothing else.:hatsoff:

I am prejudice when it comes to language. It is my country, I served it and I expect "fellow citizens" to abide the same. I do not expect those in PI or Central America too, however, I do expect ECHOSTAR to train them correctly!

I get the most overseas CSR's when calling DirectWay/HugesNet, even Tech support. I called tech the other day and got some lady in some country that I just could not understand enough to get a point accross, so I called back and got a man this time but with same heavy accent from another country, both were supposed tech support. Had to be asked to transferred to USA to get issue solved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts