EPG for PBS and G18

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sadie

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 31, 2006
Nova Scotia
I've finally got a working solution for an EPG for some PBS channels and most G18 channels for Mytheatre, hopefully there are some other solutions.

Right now you have to do the following.

Get a free zap2it account and using the location and preference options set up a page with all the stations your interested in as a 6 hour grid. By playing around with the location and favourites you can get stations from Montana, Washington and Canada on the same page.

Install and configure (set up .bat file) the new Zap2it xmltv grabber
zap2xml
This produces a xml file with your TV guide information for 11 days

An alternative and better source of XTML data would be the not for profit organization Schedules Direct

Install and configure JTV Scheduler
jTV Information and download page
JTV Scheduler takes the tvguide.xml file that Zab2it grabber produces and displays the results (see screenshots on JTV website) as a webpage on your browser, from which you can schedule your recordings directly into Mytheatre

So far I have PBS Montana (KUSM) and PBS World (WGBXdt2) and a few channels from G18 set up, it only takes a few minutes to go to a channel and set up a weeks recordings of interested.
Its not my favourite EPG interface but it works, another one that should work with Mytheatre and XMLTV files is RelictEPG its a better interface but I had stability problems with my set up so had to pull it for the time being.

Now I usually do things the hard way so hopefully the are better ways.

If a few people are interested I can try and write a how too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)