Epg on the Openbox S9?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Are there channels that have EPG data on other receivers that don't on the Openbox? Mine works on some channels, so I'm assuming that that's all the channels that have it.

Are there channels that have EPG data on other receivers that don't on the Openbox? Mine works on some channels, so I'm assuming that that's all the channels that have it.

I only have 97w scaned right now,there is maybe two channels that have anything in the epg!

I don't get very many either. Sadly, I think most channels don't have an EPG.

I think most channels are not meant for FTA viewers. They are for downlink stations or affiliates who add (or have better equipment to decode the stream or computers linked to EPG data not through the sat signal) and they send it out OTA, or by cable or satellite like DISH or Directv, and they add the EPG, before it gets to you, the end user.

I have not studied the EPG in depth

I for one sure do wish there was a transponder on every satellite that included correct time (adjustable in the STB by GMT), ID of the Satellite & full EPG for every channel on that sat or transponder.

My wife has had it figured out for years.

What time is dinner?

What time is it?

What time zone you living in?

You should have used a map!

You get what you get when you get it...

Duh, get it?

No really, some of it is operator error I guess (See my local OTA EPG).

Oh, and, the networks let their affiliates go wild after network programming is over and this is why you never know what you'll find!

But wait, if you order now, we can double your order! But only for the next 15 minutes will this deal last...so call now!

Call them a month later, they'll still take your money, I mean order!

Ok really, I know receivers are listed as 7 day EPG. My OTA Vizio can do at least 3 days and I have seen it, but only 2 hours on the same channel at times. Operator error?

I use a PC hooked up to my Vizio by RGB with titantv on it. Today even that guide was wrong with the ThisTV feed (WVXF) of ThisTV because my wife wanted to see those Elvis movies and I have no AC3 (to hear it on AMC3) so to make her happy I ordered a S9 for her for me for christmas (see did you get a S9 for christmas thread) . I did, because she wanted it and I paid for it.

Really, I use titantv and it for the most part is pretty good and I can switch between RGB(PC) and sat input to get my home built EPG.

OK for serious real guys, I have a PC with a $8 remote and titantv on the favs bar. I can swith to RGB (on Vizio remote), grab that $8 remote, read the listing, hit HDMI on the TV remote and then, that thing she don't understand....

Sat remote...BAM, I'm right on it...but she can't.

It is just a 2Ghz Sempron, but it will stream everything my (Roku) can't. I use it for EPG and stuff when I can...all i really get to do is watch the first thing she likes. Don't need EPG for that.

I read a post about setting up titantv for brodcast and FTA that was Wrong. They said add your broadcast then make a new lineup called FTA.

You can have it all on one screen, by:

Select your broadcast area.

Then manage.

Then search by name...

I am sure the people at titantv wonder how WVXF is in my local broadcast guide.

I have it all on one screen for every channel I have, and to think how lucky I am, only $500 for a remote the wife can run it with.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)