EPG only showing HD channels when All Channels guide is selected

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tbarney

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
I press the guile button on my 622 until it shows All Channels, but this only gives me a listing of my local and HD channels. It is almost like I have the HD only subscription, but I have AT200.

I called Dish and they walked me thourgh about 30 minutes of checks, finally they said that my signal strength was too low and that is why I am only seeing HD channels in the program guide. Note. My signal strength ranges from 40-80 depending on which sat and transponder I have selected.

I am 100% convinced that something else is wrong.

I have a 622 and I am pointed at 110, 119, 61.5 and 12x (can't remember exactly which). I have held the power button to reset the unit and I have also pulled the power for about 30 seconds to reset it. Neither has restored the full program guide. They also had me do a check switch, again, no help.

Also, when I keep pressing the guide button I get the following (HD, All Channels, or All Sub). Yesterday I had options like List 1, 2,3,4. Those are gone since this problem started.

I asked the tech support person to push my subscription down to my receiver and she said it was a low signal problem so it wouldn't help. She setup a service call for 8 DAYS LATER as the earliest available time.

Any thoughts on how I can resolve this myself because I cannot believe it is a signal problem?

Yes

I have held the power button to reset the unit and I have also pulled the power for about 30 seconds to reset it. Neither has restored the full program guide. They also had me do a check switch, again, no help.

After calling back and working with another tech we have found the solution. Somehow in the past week all channels (except the locals and HD) were added to the block channels list when the system is locked. I normally keep it locked because I have a few young kids in the house. When I unlocked the system the guide was normal. Also strange was that when the guide wasn't showing channels on TV1, it was showing them in the EPG on TV2.

I am the one with the password, so I know that I didn't add EVERY channel to the blocked channels list, I always block by rating (R, NR/AO, etc). Must be some glitch in the software. I don't have the new software load yet so it isn't a problem with that (at least not yet)

Thanks for the suggestions, just turned out to be something strange.

Glad to hear it was simple!

I have read here on the forums of others having this issue when the software updated. I should have remembered that.