Epix channels missing ?

Mike88

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Illinois
None of the Epix channels (380, etc) show up in the guide, but they were there about a week ago. I'm on the Eastern Arc. I searched to find out what happened but got no results. Does anyone know if Diish just dropped Epix?

None of the Epix channels (380, etc) show up in the guide, but they were there about a week ago. I'm on the Eastern Arc. I searched to find out what happened but got no results. Does anyone know if Diish just dropped Epix?
Still have them here on ea and subscribed to the dish move pack they're starting to make it where if you don't subscribe to the channels you can't find them at all it seems

Reactions: pattykay
Epix channels are included in the movie pack or separately for $7 per month. I do not see them included in any of the other packages. You get 15 channels for ten dollars or 4 for 7 dollars. The movie pack is a far better deal.

Epix channels are included in the movie pack or separately for $7 per month. I do not see them included in any of the other packages. You get 15 channels for ten dollars or 4 for 7 dollars. The movie pack is a far better deal.

And with regularity the Movie Pack can be had @ $5 for six months. Perhaps they were in preview?

They were on "free preview" mode about a week or so ago. Maybe you don't normally subscribe to them, so they vanished when that ended.

Thank you everyone for the information.

I didn't think I had Epix but my wife was interested in a program so I searched & it was on Epix. I thought maybe it was now included in my 250 package. Unfortunately nothing got recorded so I wondered what happened.

I was not aware of a "free preview" mode. Usually I see these advertised somewhere but must have missed that last one.

Thank you everyone for the information.

I didn't think I had Epix but my wife was interested in a program so I searched & it was on Epix. I thought maybe it was now included in my 250 package. Unfortunately nothing got recorded so I wondered what happened.

I was not aware of a "free preview" mode. Usually I see these advertised somewhere but must have missed that last one.

Free Channel Previews | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support

Also, IF you have Charter/Spectrum internet, you get access to the main streaming feed of Epix as part of your subscription. I have that, and I access Epix through my Tivo.

I knew as soon as I saw the thread title, before even reading the thread, that the OP must have Eastern Arc. The problem is that for most unsubscribed channels, if they show up in the guide at all, only the standard-def feed is visible. The HD feed of most channels is always hidden unless you subscribe to the channel, or it is in free preview. This complicates things because on Eastern Arc, many national channels, including most of the premium movie channels, no longer have SD feeds, not even with the full Eastern Arc including the 77 satellite. (That is where most of the remaining Eastern Arc SD feeds can be found.) So, with no SD feeds, the channels completely disappear on Eastern Arc when you are no longer receiving them. Meanwhile, on Western Arc, the Epix channels (for example) are still listed as green in the guide for non-subscribers because they still have SD feeds on Western Arc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts