Epix HD?

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
I read that Epix HD will go live shortly on Fios..Anyday.

Anyone hear if Epix will be picked up by Dish, Uverse or anyone else.

We all know that Direc is not interested..

Sounds like a great new channel..Would be a nice addition on Dish!:)

Epix goes live on the 30th which is a Friday.

Now word on Dish adding it, but I hope they do. DirecTV has stated there is no reason for them to add any more movie channels so it wont be on DirecTV.

As I have said before let DirecTV be the HD Sports Leader... Dish can be (and already is) the HD Movie leader, and they can pull ahead greatly by adding EPIX. :)

Epix goes live on the 30th which is a Friday.

Now word on Dish adding it, but I hope they do. DirecTV has stated there is no reason for them to add any more movie channels so it wont be on DirecTV.

As I have said before let DirecTV be the HD Sports Leader... Dish can be (and already is) the HD Movie leader, and they can pull ahead greatly by adding EPIX. :)

I would reserve the judgment until everyone knows what comes from D12 launch. The hold music/news at Directv talks about addition of 135 National HD channels coming soon. Not sure how they can get that many given there cant be that many left to be had. However if you factor in what they are missing for Movie Channels and other normal channels they will add up quick.

I agree with everything that everyone has said so far. I think it would make a great addition to the Gold HD or Platinum HD channels. I also wish that E* would market themselves as the HD Movie Leader.

If it is free, it is for me. I have Gold HD plan and will not complain if they add it to my package at no extra charge.

I would reserve the judgment until everyone knows what comes from D12 launch. The hold music/news at Directv talks about addition of 135 National HD channels coming soon. Not sure how they can get that many given there cant be that many left to be had. However if you factor in what they are missing for Movie Channels and other normal channels they will add up quick.

They mean they will have the ability to hold 200 Hd channels over the 135 some odd they have now. So space for ~65 more.

As far as I know Epix is not a pay channel like HBO, but will be offered in the higher tier packages.

I also hope Dish get's the channel but I think it may indeed be a pay channel ala HBO, etc. The reason I think it will be a pay channel is because EPIX was formed by three (Lionsgate, Paramount, MGM) movie studios in response to their not coming to a financial agreement with Showtime to air their movies. If EPIX becomes available on Dish and a number of cable systems, this can't be good for Showtime.

If Dish picks the channel up it should be included in the AEP but everyone elso would probably have to subscribe to it just like they do for HBO, etc.

I also hope Dish get's the channel but I think it may indeed be a pay channel ala HBO, etc. The reason I think it will be a pay channel is because EPIX was formed by three (Lionsgate, Paramount, MGM) movie studios in response to their not coming to a financial agreement with Showtime to air their movies. If EPIX becomes available on Dish and a number of cable systems, this can't be good for Showtime.

If Dish picks the channel up it should be included in the AEP but everyone elso would probably have to subscribe to it just like they do for HBO, etc.

The main reason I subscribe to HBO is for their original series
like Curb your Enthusiasm, Real Time with Bill Maher and Big Love not the movies.

Epix will probably not have any good original series for years.

The main reason I subscribe to HBO is for their original series
like Curb your Enthusiasm, Real Time with Bill Maher and Big Love not the movies.

Epix will probably not have any good original series for years.

You forgot True Blood but you're right about the series. I like the movies even though one can expect only a handful of new ones each month and even fewer that are watchable.
EPIX will likely have exclusive use of their respective studio's movies, most notably: Iron Man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)