Epix no longer a part of DISH movie Pack??

Are you paying $10 for the grandfathered movie package now? If so, that would still be a discount of $7 for the new combined price of both.
If you still get the 50 percent discount on Dish Movie Pack, and then add Epix for $7 per month, it would only be $2 higher than Dish Movie Pack at full price, plus you would also get Epix Drive-In, which was never included in Dish Movie Pack.

If you still get the 50 percent discount on Dish Movie Pack, and then add Epix for $7 per month, it would only be $2 higher than Dish Movie Pack at full price, plus you would also get Epix Drive-In, which was never included in Dish Movie Pack.

That would be the case. but I'd prefer to continue the grandfathered package with everything but Drive-In for 5 bucks. :)

Are you paying $10 for the grandfathered movie package now? If so, that would still be a discount of $7 for the new combined price of both.

Yes that's what I meant by I still have the Epix channels. If I was paying the $7 more I had better have the Epix channels! I am paying $10 with Epix grandfathered. I consider it a good deal but not as good as all these months (actually over a year) of it @5 discount and the Epix channels.;)

Out of curiosity I decided to go to the Dish.com website. Is it just me or is that site really that difficult to find out information? I keep going in circles.
I can find no information about the EPIX channels, and there's no place that actually lists the channels remaining in the movie pack, although I did find this list in the MyDish.com web site. I have the AEP package and they have no mention of this anywhere either. Overall, I think the Dish web pages are a confusing jumble, especially for someone unfamiliar with Dish.
What if someone wanted to add the EPIX channels to their service? Do they have to call to do that? There doesn't seem to be any way to do this from their MyDish webpage.

Dish.com is not going to give you pricing on the specials they have free for three months for almost all new customers. Dish.com is only for new customers. Mydish.com is for existing customers. You can add programming from the offers section. I believe it is the a la carte section in “my programming”.

I am on the discounted Movie Pack price of $5. It expires in March. If I continue with the Movie Pack at $10 will I still lose my Epix channels or do you just lose them, if you renew the Movie Pack with the $5 discount?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I am on the discounted Movie Pack price of $5. It expires in March. If I continue with the Movie Pack at $10 will I still lose my Epix channels or do you just lose them, if you renew the Movie Pack with the $5 discount?
I don't think you will lose the channels. This is the biggest bunch of BS I have ever heard. I was told this story by a CSR with no integrity.
I would be shocked if the channels were removed if you didn't do anything and kept the channels without cancelling the package or letting it be cancelled.
When I was told this would happen I did not believe it. Like I said I think the Dish CSR that told me this had no integrity.
If Dish were to do this I would think Dish was a bad company, but I don't.
My Dish Movie Package was removed and added back to my Dish programming by a Dish CSR causing grandfathered Epix channels to be removed from the grandfathered package.
Don't let this happen to you.
Of course I could be wrong about all this.

Unfortunately, Dish has a history of making changes to this package without grandfathering existing subscribers. How many Dish Movie Pack subscribers got to keep Centric (now BET Her), Logo, and Palladia (now MTV Live) when those channels were removed from Dish Movie Pack? For that matter, how many subscribers got to keep the old version of the package with Starz Cinema instead of Starz Kids and Family? I have no confidence that the grandfathering of Epix will remain indefinitely.

I recently did a bunch of changes for my account and I too had the Movie Pack with Epix. Can someone that is in the know check out My Current Services and see if it looks about right? Thanks

Attachments

• My Current Services.pdf
    185.6 KB · Views: 227
It says that channels can be changed, removed, rearranged at anytime, including within a term commitment with no expectation to compensation. It also states that there may be no notification of the changes...

Reactions: littlecloud319
So i guess im removing the movie package in May...if you already have top 250 with all the movie channels it is not needed..ill just add epix and remove movie.

Top 250 does not include the channels from the movie pack. (May be a duplicate of one or so not sure but not most of them) The Movie pack including Epix (grandfathered) would be a better value than just Epix unless you don't watch any of the Movie Pack channels.

So i guess im removing the movie package in May...if you already have top 250 with all the movie channels it is not needed..ill just add epix and remove movie.
Keep in mind that AT250 already includes one of the Epix channels. (Epix Drive-In) That is probably enough to authorize online streaming of all (or most) of Epix's content.

Reactions: kenny9966
Unfortunately, Dish has a history of making changes to this package without grandfathering existing subscribers. How many Dish Movie Pack subscribers got to keep Centric (now BET Her), Logo, and Palladia (now MTV Live) when those channels were removed from Dish Movie Pack? For that matter, how many subscribers got to keep the old version of the package with Starz Cinema instead of Starz Kids and Family? I have no confidence that the grandfathering of Epix will remain indefinitely.
True. To me, EPIX is the one benefit of the Movie Pack. So, when Dish makes that change, whether it be for money making or contractual purposes with EPIX, I will re-evaluate my decision to keep the Movie Pack. But, it was a nice perk while it lasted.

In regards to your last post, I don't know. Movie Pack subs get Starz via On Demand because of having Kids and Family, yet Encore isn't available, despite having the one Encore channel.

Did anyone also happen to see that they also removed MGM-HD from the movie package. It was 15 channels now down to 11. I really liked MGM-HD. Added later: I just noticed this thread is old, but i was getting all 15 chnnels from the movie package up to last month when i got disconnected due to financial problems. Now when i went back to restart my account there is a notice that changes have been made to some of my programming and they don't even have the movie pack in my bill. Anyone know what they did (TO ME)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts