Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Naples & Genoa @ 9:00pm EDT

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
9:00pm Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Naples and the Amalfi Coast (Special)

9:30pm EDT Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Genoa and the Italian Riviera (Special)

rudyinitaly.jpg

Smart Travels Europe with Rudy Maxa
Follow travel guru Rudy Maxa to incredible places all over Europe. This month, Rudy discovers trendy cuisine, fantastic hotels and local hot spots in Naples, Venice, Provence, London and Amsterdam

Previous Smart Travels shows:

Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Four Great Cities of Europe (Travel)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Europes's Getaways (Travel)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Germany's Rhine and Mosel Rivers (Travel)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Germany's Romantic Road (Travel)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Greek Islands (Travel)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Athens and the Peloponnese (Travel)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Bologna and Emilia Romagna (Special)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Milan and Lake Como (Special)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: France's Champagne Region (Travel)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Burgandy and Loire Regions (Travel)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Oslo and Norway (Travel)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Copenhagen and Denmark (Travel)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Ancient Greece & Rome (Special)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Renaissance Europe (Special)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Berlin (Special)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Munich and Bavaria (Special)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Dublin and Beyond (Special)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Ireland's West Coast (Special)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Naples and the Amalfi Coast
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Genoa and the Italian Riviera
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Rome
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Sicily
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Florence
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Hill Towns of Tuscany and Umbria (Special)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Brussels and Belgium
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Amsterdam and the Netherlands (Special)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Venice (Special)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Italy's Veneto and Dolomites (Special)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: France's Normandy
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Paris (Special)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: London (Special)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Out of London (Special)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Provence
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: French Riviera (Special)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Salzburg and the Lakes District (Special)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Vienna and the Danube (Special)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Prague and Budapest (Travel)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Stockholm and Sweden (Travel)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Medieval Europe (Travel)
Equator-HD: Smart Travels: Europe's Great Cities (Travel)

No thanks, I'll stick to PBS and HDNET for Smart Travels until Voom fixes Equator. This is excellent news though, I love this show, I just wish Voom would fix this channel.

I tuned Equator in last night and on closeups it looks pretty darn good but when they show a wide field shot, the mosquitos come to life.

It will be interested to see how this looks. Unfortunately, PBS-HD in NYC is only for those with Cable. There is no OTA transmittion that does the National PBS channel. Our local PBS does not have enough power to reach anyone over the air.

My local PBS has 4 other channels on when they bring up HD, screw that, I'll check Equator.. Now Earth Diaries looks much better than Elsewhere or Shriikami Mountains or what have you, so maybe this show does too?

My PBS has the hd loop and 1 SD subschannel. But the HD still looks consistently better than comparative material on Voom. I'll be curious to compare Smart Travels (it's on every day on the digital loop). I know on PBS there's no mosquito noise.

The only channels that I have that do not multicast are NBC and CBS, those channels look fantastic, one exception OlympicsHD on Voom was better by a slight margin than NBCHD that time. PBS-HD here is a hilarious nod to what HD should be IMO, it's even worse than FOx Widescreen was.

Walter L. said:
I catched it last night. Excellent production but unfortunatelly the mosquito noise was there :no
Walter, when you drop by tomorrow, Over Italy will be playing, I'll show you how big those mosquitos can get! :D

I bought a D-VHS copy of the Venice/Genoa?/Umbria? episode. It was absolutely breathtaking. Much better than ota PBS. However, it seems that you can't play these tapes too many times before pixelation (I guess due to wear) appear. Still looks better than anything else though. Eagerly looking forward to HD DVD even though I'll have to replace my pj with an HDCP compliant one.

warkovision said:
I bought a D-VHS copy of the Venice/Genoa?/Umbria? episode. It was absolutely breathtaking. Much better than ota PBS. However, it seems that you can't play these tapes too many times before pixelation (I guess due to wear) appear. Still looks better than anything else though. Eagerly looking forward to HD DVD even though I'll have to replace my pj with an HDCP compliant one.
Do you have a head cleaner? I played my Bikini Destinations one time without a glitch and the next time I watched it (the next day), there was massive pixelation so I cleaned my heads and then it was perfect. The head cleaners are expensive for these units, about $17, you can get them at the HDNET online store.

It came with a head cleaning tape. Is that what you mean?

DarrellP said:
Do you have a head cleaner? I played my Bikini Destinations one time without a glitch and the next time I watched it (the next day), there was massive pixelation so I cleaned my heads and then it was perfect. The head cleaners are expensive for these units, about $17, you can get them at the HDNET online store.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)