Equipment mine or not?

TJ22

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
How do I know if this dish equipment is mine after the contract expires or not? I am signed up for a year deal.

Check your contract. If it says "DHA" or Dish Home Advantage, you do not own the equipment.

Also, more details of your set-up will help,

Dish has not been pushing user owned contracts for about two years. They were called FREE DISH or FREE for ALL.

If it is a lease from DISH Notwerk you NEVER OWN the equipment. Over the last 4-5 years DISH has offered Digital Dynamite, Digital Home Plan and now Digital Home Advantage lease plans each has gotten better for DISH but under all plans they totally retain ownership of all the equipment. On termination of the lease you must return everything except the dish and don't be surprised in the future if they start requiring the dish be returned.

They require the LNB to be returned, but it's not worth the cost of shipping to send the dish mast/pan/arm. Plus they sometimes get a little advertising out of it being left there. Of course, a Dish with no LNB might be NEGATIVE advertising. ;)

Where do I find info regarding my contract? I looked at my online account info and I saw nothing.

TJ22 said:
Where do I find info regarding my contract? I looked at my online account info and I saw nothing.
At the time of activation you were supposed to be provided with a copy of the contract. If you don't have one contact DISH and they should be able to answer your questions. :)

TJ22, how much did you pay at the time of install or when you signed up. If you paid the standard $49.99 activation fee or used a ClubDish card you probaly are leasing the equipment, do as boba said and call Dish if you want to know for sure.

No I paid the 49.99 activation fee...which was refunded on the 1st bill. And my contract is only 12 months. I assume the equipment is not mine. I was just trying to find a way to get out of my contract. I figured if the equipment was mine I could cancel and sell the equipment and use that money to cover the $20/month they charge for cancellation. I am unhappy with the HDTV lineup and adelphia has about 12 channels...including my locals so I could watch the steelers play in HD. Anyhow I guess I will bide my time until May and jump off then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)