Equipment needed for 61.5 or don't bother?

sprinklerguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 16, 2003
I want CBSHD.....I need 61.5 of course.

I have now Dish 500 with Legacy Twin

Should I :

Get Quad for Dish 500 so I can add 2 receivers also
then buy another Dish and use my legacy twin on it to send the cable for 61.5

What switch will I need?

Should I wait til Superdish is ironed out because CSR last nite seemed to think Superdish was still in works.....

thanks in advance.

I don't know where you live. I assume it's in the east or central area if you can see 61.5. If you can get locals in your area, some of the "minor" locals may be on 61.5.

Last I heard, E* will send you a 61.5 dish for free if you say you need it for locals. That would, of course, include whatever switches you need to get it working.

I don't know enough about the hardware to answer the rest of your question, but I'm sure somebody out there does.

sprinklerguy said:
I want CBSHD.....I need 61.5 of course.

I have now Dish 500 with Legacy Twin

Should I :

Get Quad for Dish 500 so I can add 2 receivers also
then buy another Dish and use my legacy twin on it to send the cable for 61.5

What switch will I need?

Should I wait til Superdish is ironed out because CSR last nite seemed to think Superdish was still in works.....

thanks in advance.

need a little more info

-How many receivers do you have than can pick up HD?
-Where ya located (maybe you have a channel on the wing that would give you the dish for free)
-Is the HD receiver a 6000, 811, 921?
-Do you qualify for CBS-HD?

i only want the HD feed to one set...it is an 811
No locals on wings for me here
Yes, I qualified for CBSHD last nite.

The easiest thing to do would be to get a dish with either a single or dual lnb and a SW21..make sure its of Legacy style (not DishPro)

Hook the wing dish to sat 2 on the switch
Hook the line from the Dish 500 to sat 1 on the switch
run to 811 and do check switch

Your other receiver would only get the Dish500

If you want to change out to a quad for more receivers, you can, but I dont know if the twin would work right on 61.5..Since it has an internal switch, it might want to try to pick up 61.5 & 52.5 and that might screw it up.

If you need a Legacy dual or SW21, I have a few of each laying around...just PM me

Then could I put some sort of splitter on the Dish 500 feed to run to another receiver?
I understand both receivers couldn't operate independently that way, but could I?

each receiver must have a line from the receiver to the dish (or switch). The SW21 switch looks like a 2 way splitter, except it has 2 inputs (for the 2 different dishes) and one output. Right now you can run up to 2 receivers.

If you plan on adding receivers in the near future and only need the Dish500 signal (no wings), you can use a quad and just run 2 more lines to feed 2 more receivers. (4 total)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts