Equipment Needed to Finish SWM

Status
Please reply by conversation.

derek_vw

Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
Biloxi, MS
I just had a DVR put in and because of some wiring difficulties, the installer put in a SWM satellite, SWM power inserter, and SWM distro unit in for free. In order to complete the setup, I just need to put in the DECA adapters on the receivers and on my wireless router, right? All the receivers are Whole Home capable.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys forum. You will find the answers you want here.

Your topic is "Equipment needed to finish SWM?" SWM is simply the part that moves multiple signals down one line to your receivers. Your installer should have everything in place for that so I would imagine that your SWM setup is complete.

I think you are asking what you need for Whole Home DVR. Give us a list of your receivers and we can help with that. That setup requires the white box DECA for receivers before H24 (which has a pass-through for the video). And you need to call DirecTV and add Whole Home DVR to your plan. I think it is about $3 a month.

It sounds like you also want to know what you need for Video On Demand. That setup uses a black box DECA which is used to connect your internet connection to the DirecTV network.

So give us a list of your receivers and we can certainly give you the information you are looking for.

So, give us a better understanding of what you are trying to accomplish here and we can certainly give you a hand.

Yes, you're correct. Whole Home.

2 - H21-200
1 - HR24-100

The broadband adapter is not essential at this point. I'd just like the Whole-Home link for all of the receivers.

You need one DECA1MR-01 DECA for each of the H21 receivers. (Your HR24 has the DECA built in.) You can buy them here, or most folks find that D* will send them to you at no charge when you sign up for Whole Home DVR. You don't need the separate power supply for your installation. Your receiver will provide the power needed.

As I mentioned before, you need to have Whole Home authorized as well. I would certainly call D* first. (I'm a bit surprised your installer did not leave them behind for you.) It is a very easy install and you will enjoy the ease of how it works. I really like my Whole Home setup.

not to sound rude, but an honest question, why would the installer leave them if the sub does not sub to whole home dvr? i suppose the "just in case" rule would come up. Idk.. useless post, just trying to think like an installer, also if the installer did a free swm upgrade, he was probably a bit flustered after trying to get a 2nd line where he needed it and just forgot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)