Equipment return

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Thinking of going with AT&T Uverse and wondering when I cancel Dish what do they usually require be sent back to them?

I was on a 18 month committment which ended, do I need to get on the roof and take off the dish?

I know they want the receivers and remotes. Just curious about the actual dish 500 itself.

Thanks

No problems with the service, just better prices with AT&T.

Yeah they want the receivers, the LNB(s) and switches if any. They don't care about the remotes and the dish itself just the LNB off of it.

Shouldn't they send a tech to get the LNBs and switch? Why should a cancelling customer go through the aggravation of removing those?

I say, if you want it, come get it - with the exceptoin of the receivers, which can just be boxed up.

But, what about the technically challenged who wouldn't begin to know how to unhook a receiver?

You are the one cancelling, it's your responsibility to return leased equipment.

Just be glad the pay the freight.

Shouldn't they send a tech to get the LNBs and switch? Why should a cancelling customer go through the aggravation of removing those?

I say, if you want it, come get it - with the exceptoin of the receivers, which can just be boxed up.

But, what about the technically challenged who wouldn't begin to know how to unhook a receiver?
If you don't want to return it that is your option. Their contract allows them to charge you for unreturned property, at full retail price.:confused::confused::confused:

If the dish is easy to get to then it shouldnt be too hard to unscrew the LNB. If its on a 2 story home covered with snow thats another thing. Just telling the CSR you dont have access or you are injuried, etc gets you out of the lnb charge. You can always buy a cheap one off of ebay as well.

I would return all of mine, as I can unhook, uninstall, climb up a ladder, whatever's needed.

Was just wondering about those without the means to do so.

Thinking of going with AT&T Uverse and wondering when I cancel Dish what do they usually require be sent back to them?

I was on a 18 month committment which ended, do I need to get on the roof and take off the dish?

I know they want the receivers and remotes. Just curious about the actual dish 500 itself.

Thanks

No problems with the service, just better prices with AT&T.

Just make dog gone sure you keep a copy of the tracking number. That way they can't say you didn't return the equipment..

how come they must install the dish so high? lot of houses around my neighbor, the dish are install high high. is this a scam from dish network?

Climb the ladder and take it down... just include a note in the box.. "sorry the LNB's are smashed, they broke when they fell from the ladder, luckily for you it wasn't my neck and a hefty lawsuit"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)