ERD HELP! No longer recognized!

SickPup404

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 15, 2006
Hey peeps,

Did a quick search and came up empty. I've got a 1TB ERD on my ViP 622 that I've been filling with movies, series, etc. for a year or more. I went to send a new program to it last night and it came up with a message that said it needed to be formatted to be used with the receiver (like it does for a new drive).

What can I do to recover my recordings?? Is there something like File Scavenger (Windows) for these drives? They are Linux based, right?

I sincerely hope I'm not screwed here... I know I can try to set up more recordings to try to replace some stuff, but the wife will not be too pleased...

Unplug the receiver and after 30 seconds or so, restart it.

Many time this corrects this problem.

I think we refer to it as an External Hard Drive (EHD not ERD).
With that message I recommend calling Tech Support and asking nicely for a "hit" for your receivers. You do want all receivers plugged in and operational first and you may be watching although I would avoid a time while you were recording and certainly not while transferring recordings. The hit will reset the household code (see menu-6-3-counters-[6 pages down]) and that is why you want all to get it at the same time. (The HHC for some receivers may differ in the last digit by experience with 3 of them--722+722+622.) I've had to do this at least twice. It does not change the EHD itself, so it does not need to be done for each drive and they may be unplugged until needed. The soft or hard reset may work--try it first if you can.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)