SNAP Module no longer recognized

ekilgus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Southeast US
Lately my HWS no longer recognizes the SNAP module. I did the usual red button reset and power cord reset, along with removing and reseating the module. I even replaced the SNAP module since I have two of them. All to no avail. Does this mean the HWS has developed an issue? Is this the result of a software bug in an update?

Reactions: flody1
I was told by my friend who has a hopper with sling that you need to unplug it and reboot and then plug it back in and see if it works. IF it doesn't work then call DISH for a replacement receiver.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Possible issues with the USB Port or drivers
Thanks for the reply Kat. Interestingly, the SNAP module suddenly began to get recognized after another RBR. However, it seems the external HD's (I have three) while being able to see them and the recordings on them, the HWS won't allow anything to be transferred to/from them and I can't play any movies recorded on them. I might have considered one external HD got corrupted, but not all three. Anyway, I'm thinking the HWS is a bit worn out so I decided to order an H3. It will be aggravating to lose the red recording light, but I suppose that will pass.

Thanks for the reply Kat. Interestingly, the SNAP module suddenly began to get recognized after another RBR. However, it seems the external HD's (I have three) while being able to see them and the recordings on them, the HWS won't allow anything to be transferred to/from them and I can't play any movies recorded on them. I might have considered one external HD got corrupted, but not all three. Anyway, I'm thinking the HWS is a bit worn out so I decided to order an H3. It will be aggravating to lose the red recording light, but I suppose that will pass.
With 16 tuners I think you will forget you ever needed that red recording light. :)

It is not practical to have one red light recording indicator on a receiver that has 16 tuners and can record 21 simultaneous events.

When TiVo went to 2 or 4 tuners they made concentric circles in the recording area that indicated how many tuners were active, but even that was not that useful.

Trust me, you'll forget it ever existed lol
Well, I now have an H3, so no more red recording light. Now I can join everyone else and enjoy the multitude of releases simultaneously fixing and creating issues. At least that's what it seems like from reading all these posts. BTW, that external HD issue I had with my H2 where the videos were visible but couldn't be played or transferred still exists, but for fewer videos. Some videos that the H2 wouldn't play the H3 plays, and some videos won't play at all but they can still be seen. I can't explain it.

Well, I now have an H3, so no more red recording light. Now I can join everyone else and enjoy the multitude of releases simultaneously fixing and creating issues. At least that's what it seems like from reading all these posts. BTW, that external HD issue I had with my H2 where the videos were visible but couldn't be played or transferred still exists, but for fewer videos. Some videos that the H2 wouldn't play the H3 plays, and some videos won't play at all but they can still be seen. I can't explain it.
I had a tech who was replacing a 722 with a Hopper Duo and on the 722, the movies on the EHD worked fine. On the Duo they were all Pixelated

I had a tech who was replacing a 722 with a Hopper Duo and on the 722, the movies on the EHD worked fine. On the Duo they were all Pixelated
My installer was a young guy that's only been with Dish for about a year and had no experience with EHD's In fact, he did whatever he had to do with the Dish/LNB's (I wasn't watching) and I pretty much did everything else. To be fair, if connectivity is done right, the H3 pretty much installs itself.

Hey Kat. A final update. After the new H3 had a night to itself, updates and whatever. I checked my EHD's and all the previously inaccessible/unwatchable videos are now watchable. I can't explain what went on, but I'll just settle for the videos all being back. Even my recordings from the old VOOM channels are back.

Hey Kat. A final update. After the new H3 had a night to itself, updates and whatever. I checked my EHD's and all the previously inaccessible/unwatchable videos are now watchable. I can't explain what went on, but I'll just settle for the videos all being back. Even my recordings from the old VOOM channels are back.
Yeah, new Hoppers take a day or three to settle in while they catch up on updates to smooth things out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts