Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
It appears that Eric Sahl is indeed leaving Dish Network. While he was on tonight's Charlie Chat I am told that An email went out tonight to Dish Network employees about Eric leaving the company.

It apparently said...

Eric Sahl, SVP, Programming will be leaving DISH Network at the end of December to pursue a new career opportunity.

As a result of Eric's departure the following individuals will be assuming
new roles:

Dave Shull, currently SVP - Asia Operations, will be SVP, Programming.

Chris Kuelling will assume the role of VP, International Programming.

What "Asia operations" does Dish even have? I know they had planned Echostar 13 for China, but what else do they have? E13 never went up.

Also, doesn't sound like the Asia guy would have good relationships with US programmers.

What "Asia operations" does Dish even have? I know they had planned Echostar 13 for China, but what else do they have? E13 never went up.

Also, doesn't sound like the Asia guy would have good relationships with US programmers.
umm u need to look at E* international offerings b4 posting..they have a ton of Indian and chinese channels

umm u need to look at E* international offerings b4 posting..they have a ton of Indian and chinese channels

To me, "Asia Operations" implies operations IN Asia. If he was just in charge of Asian programming, shouldn't he be the SVP of Asian Programming?

To me, "Asia Operations" implies operations IN Asia. If he was just in charge of Asian programming, shouldn't he be the SVP of Asian Programming?
You beat me to it... "operations" and "channels" are two vastly different things, usually. A Google search for "echostar asia" turns up some info, including these two subsidiaries:

EchoStar Asia Holdings Corporation

EchoStar Asia Satellite Corporation

Oddly though, they're based in Colorado. Then again, nowadays that's not uncommon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts