Error 002 on Legacy Dish 500

S

scammy

Aug 28, 2007
Hello,

Recently, I am having problems with my 119 signal. I get the 002 error on a lot of channels. Ran check switch many times to no avail.

Here is my setup:

(2) total receivers 3700, 4800 IRD connected to a SW64 swtich. The switch is connected to a Dish 500 (110 & 119) and another dish for 61.5 satellite. All LNB's are dual so that I can get all (3) satellites on both receivers.

Signal strength is around 90-100 on 119 (depending on what transponder I choose). Check switch test results in all OK except for 119 ODD.

When I get the error 002, it lists the transponder number. Am I supposed to get a good signal on EACH transponder??

ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.:)

A

ajax33

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 5, 2007
North Liberty, IA
Is this happening on both rec or just one?? If it is happening on both, then most likely you have a bad Leg Dual LNB, or else the port in which the 119 is coming into the SW64 is bad.

S

scammy

Aug 28, 2007
Ajax33,

Well, its kind of different on both receivers. On one receiver (REceiver A), the check switch test works fine and it shows all (3) satellites but I do not get signal strength on all the transponders but I get more channels than the other receiver.

On (Receiver B), the check switch test reveals all except 119 ODD and I get signal strength only on very few transponders.

Should I be getting signal strength on all transponders for 119?

This has been going on for several months but it seems like now I am losing more channels. This is a very old self installation that I did about 7-8 years ago. Up to now, it was all fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

TIA:(

A

ajax33

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 5, 2007
North Liberty, IA
Try changing your connections on say the 110 and the 119 on your SW64. If the problem stays with the 119, then its probably a bad LNB, if the problem moves to the 110, then it is the switch that is at fault.

S

scammy

Aug 28, 2007
Looks like I need to tweak the Dish 500 to get better signal strength. Sometimes I get an OK signal on both satellites and at other times one or the other seems to drop out.

What transponder should I use to set the signal? Also, will it be the same transponders on both 119 and 110?

Sorry, it has been a while since I setup the Dish.

Please advise.

TIA:)

E

EricBskiVT

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 25, 2007
I had the same error. Turns out something had knocked the LNB on my 110/119 dish askew. The tech realigned it and problem solved.