ERROR 002 on lots of channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ARfamily

Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
We are unable to pick up lots of channels because it gives an error that says signal has been lost, trying to reacquire, etc etc. This has been going on for a few weeks. Please don't say "Call Dish." We already did and they want to charge $50 just to send someone out here to fix a service we already pay them monthly to provide!

On the installation summary menu, installed switch model 500 twin, there is a table that says this (checked 38):

Input 1 1 2 2
Satellite 119 X 110 110
Polarity odd X odd even
Status problem detected

Also, when we check the signal strength (I guess you would call it) it's only on 50. There's a scale that runs up to about 130 I think.

Don't know if this is enough info to get us started on fixing it, but any advice is appreciated.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!!!!!!!

$50 is a very good price to fix it. You own the equipment, you are paying for programing. Anyway Based on what you have provided, my guess is your sw21 switch is out or the whole lnb assembly if you have a twin.

Describe your dish and also what model receiver do you have?

Edit: Opps I read to fast I see you have a twin.

There are 2 receivers. One says 'sat receiver FCC ID DKNC01' and a SN F734182837. The other says model Dish311.

The dish outside is about 2.5-3 feet across. Or was there some other description you meant? I'm very untech on this stuff.

And after reading another posting about service fees, I see that the techs are paid out of the fees collected for service calls. Believe me, we were under the impression, as I'm sure most are, that this was included in what we pay every month. No dissing to the techs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)