Error Code 122

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

knightwolf61

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
Houston, Texas
Anyone know what the heck error code 122 means. I got this cheap 311 off of ebay and now it wont work right...Any ideas besides using it as a paperweight?

I tried but the error message comes up...something about internal error and to reset receiver...I reset it but it keeps coming up...Dish reps said something is wrong inside of box...Internal communication failure

Last edited:
"This message occurs when the internal Smart Card has an error. May occur during the initial authorization. "

Sounds like a dead receiver.

Attachments

• 122.jpg
    122.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 1,026
Hate to say it, but sounds like the ebayer who sold it to you prob. pulled a fast one, and tried to hack or modify the receiver (possibly, not saying so, but its rare for smartcards to just 'die')

But yeah, sounds dead like RandallA said!

The internal smart card can only be accessed by opening the case, this particular message is one that I have never seen on any receiver that I ever installed or serviced ( 18,000 rough estimate ) over 6 years so I would guess that the ebay guy as the above has suggested pulled a fast one and sold you a screwed up receiver he practice hacked on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts