Turk 44 OTA

Su Meri

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
My installer told me that the Turk 44 is the best OTA for HD in my area (Vegas).
Anyone have any opinions or experience with them?

Well it's spelled Terk but if spelled it Turd, that would be the real assment of that antenna. It's a piece of crap and should be avoided.

I have a terk 44 and it is quite easy to pick up all my hd and sd stations in my area within 30 miles. It easily attaches to your satellite dish. It comes with pre cut cables so you can easily modify your current dish to have both sat and ota reception.

1. You take the current cables from your lnb and attach them to the OUT port of the terk 44 ota antenna. You take the precut black cables they supply and run them from the lnb to the IN port of the ota antenna. Then you tweak the antenna to get the best signal on all your digital stations . It is supposed to be omindirectional and it simply clips on to the sat dish and you can lock it into position.

2. Inside the house, you take the diplexors they supply and if you are using them with a dishpro plus twin and splitter for the 622 receiver, you can put the diplexor on the one sat cable coming into the house and then run a pre cut white cable they supply, to the sat side and one pre cut white cable to the ota port on your receiver or a splitter that runs to your tv and your sat receiver. From the sat side cable you then attach your dishpro seperator to it and split it into two sat cables and you can use both with you 622 sat ports.

There you have it . Easy installation and you get both satellite and ota all over one cable if you have the dishpro plus seperator you can split your one sat cable into two for your dual tuner 622. It cost about $85.00 from Radio Shack but I have used one for going on three years now and I like them.

They can be used for up to 4 receiver runs or two dual tuner receivers with the seperator. I use mine for my two 622s and I have ota reception on both tvs in both rooms. Yes some people say they are crap but I can only speak about my experience in the immediate 30 mile area where all my tv towers are. I think it is cheaper than buying another tv antenna and paying for the install. You can install your terk 44 yourself and save the install costs.

Current customer deals?

Error Code 122

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)