Error Message for Local HD Channels

candidate1066

Original poster
May 2, 2010
USA
For the past two to three weeks weeks, I keep losing my local HD channels...and it's starting to be more and more frequently... other channels are still available, including HD sofar as I can tell. But instead of locals I get this message on a blue background:

"Sorry for the interruption

There is no need to call us.
We are working to have this hannle back as soon as possible.

You may still watch nonlcoal programming by pressing hte GUIDE button on your remote control and selecting another channel."

I think this happened a few times last summer... I live in the Southeastern US and the dish installer said when the HD Dish was put up about 2 years ago that the satellite was very close to the horizon....Before this started in the past few weeks, I've not had similar problems in at least...oh...about a year (as far as I can remember).

Any ideas what gives?

This message is generated by the receiver itself and doesn't come from a slate being broadcast by the station over DISH. Rebooting may help but most likely there needs to be a dish repoint to make sure that you are getting at least a 50 strength on your locals. A sat signal strength of at least 50 or above is sufficient for a good lock and you shouldn't lose your signal ,unless it is raining cats and dogs.

My guess is you are getting your locals from 77° and your Eastern Arc dish isn't getting a good look at it. If the problem happens more during the summer, it may be leaves on trees! When it's clear and sunny with still winds, the branches are just out of the way from the line of site. When it's raining or windy the branches waive or sag into the signal path knocking out your locals. Since there really isn't anything else other than locals on 77°, that is all you lose because you still have a clear line of site to 72.7° (most channels and many HD) and 61.5° (many other HD channels).

What TV market are you in. This will tell me if I am even close to being correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)