Error "run check switch" popup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lamontconn

Original poster
May 21, 2006
I was hooked up in Colorado with a Dish 1000 and a 625 dvr receiver and I moved to the east coast this weekend. I hooked everything up on May 20th but I noticed there were no Denver local stations at noon eastern time Saturday but all the other channels came in ok.

Today is the Sunday the 21st and my receiver got locked with a pop up box that said " ERROR run check switch" . I clicked on run and after going through it's checks, the pop up window came back up again. I went into menu to run installation, switch check and everything checked ok but still couldn't get rid of the Error pop up. Nothing would work and I kept going back to menu - installation and did the check switches which all say ok.

Finally I kept hitting the "done" box in the error check switch pop up window while hitting the channel down button and finally received my channels. I"m able to receive all the Denver channels but one which is channel 6 KRMA is the one giving me the Error run check switch. I get stuck and can't change channels again when that pop up box is there. The only way out is to keep clicking done and channel up fast so I can get off channel 6 KRMA to another channel to get everything working again.

It didn't do it in Colorado a couple weeks ago and nothing changed with the dish or receiver except my location. Has anyone seen a similar problem and have any idea what's going on. It's this one station (KRMA) that's messing everything up for me, I'm just staying away from that channel for now.

The reason you are getting the pop up error message is KRMA is on a spotbeam that you will not be able to receive except in the Actual Denver DMA. Since you are no longer in Denver, Dish cannot legally sell you the Denver locals. You really do need to tell them you've moved and subscribe to your REAL locals.

run check switch

I'm surprised the other stations were getting through and PBS was keeping their market closed from the outside area. Well, that explains why the problem was so strange, thanks for the input..

P.S. I'm wondering if RV's that travel the country are able to get their local at home channels or if it's prohibited.

if the channels are on conus (rare) they might still get them. usually the folks get an RV waiver and then DISH gives them distant locals:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts