Error with 811 smart card

t-rey99

Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
I recently purchased a used 811 receiver on e-bay. The auction said the model was "tested and working". When I hooked it up, it immediately gave a smart card error. The error number to the right was 301. When you go to the setup page, the smart card number is S00000...-00 (all zeros). Because of this, Dish Network tech was not able to help me. I know the smart card is internal with these units, but I was wondering if it was something like ram in a computer that may have come loose and simply pushing it back would fix the problem or is it hard wired into the system and un-reparable by me. If anyone has some information that might help educate me, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you.

I'd contact the seller! Either something happened to the receiver in shipping, or the receiver had problems before it shipped, or it is a hacked, or at least had been attempted to be hacked (yes that is a problem, but wanted to through that out, somebody could have tried messing with the receiver, screwed it up, and then sold it on e-bay). Go to the seller first, then you might try calling Dish again, you could get a different CSR that knows what is going on. You could also try ceo@dishnetwork.com, explain your issue and see what happens. But in the end it will have to be taken care of by the original seller if there is something wrong with the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)