ESPN and Hockey last night

jm9

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
There were three hockey games on ESPN last night. I expected to receive the Wild at Chicago, instead I had Stars and the Ducks. Was this a mistake? I called Dish and they said I was blacked out. I can't be blacked out when the game is at Chicago. I called around and cable was showing the Wild game. Is there anyone you can call when this happens?

Yes, i had the same problem. My friends on cable were watching NJ and Bos while on my ESPN they were showing ANA and Dallas. All 3 games were on on Dish though. One on Espn, and the other two on each of the ESPN alternates. Make sure you check those channels for games!!

jm9 said:
There were three hockey games on ESPN last night. I expected to receive the Wild at Chicago, instead I had Stars and the Ducks. Was this a mistake? I called Dish and they said I was blacked out. I can't be blacked out when the game is at Chicago. I called around and cable was showing the Wild game. Is there anyone you can call when this happens?
Actually, with the contract between the NHL and Fox Sports Net it dictates that if the game is televised on Fox Sports Net in the home market of the two teams playing the game will be blacked out on any other channels showing the game (except for ESPN but ESPN2 still gets blacked out). This is aggravating to those of us with HDTV's who want to watch our team (Blackhawks is mine) in HD on either HDNet or ESPN2 but since the local Fox Sports Net is showing the game it is blacked out for both team's home areas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)