ESPN Channel 206

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tknopf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2004
Wausau, Wisconsin
Sorry if this is covered someplace else, but I couldn't find much. For the last 10 days, whenever I tune to channel 206, I get a "Searching for satellite signal...(error 771)" message. The first few times, I got this for just a couple of seconds and then ESPN was on. Today, I got the message and nothing...no channel, just the message. I rebooted and still get the message for a second or so, but ESPN came on. This is true with both of my HR20-100 receivers. I never had a problem with this in the past at all. Any thoughts???

What is your readings on 99C or 99A/B. You may need a dish realignment if your B Band Converter's are in place. You should have a Slimline Dish with these little boxes behind your reciver that hooks up to each tuner.

I received the same exact message and rebooted my HD DVR receiver. No luck, so I called D* and spoke with a CR and she said that they would have to send out a tech to look at the problem since the reboot wasn't working. Well, turns out that the channel is coming in on #72 in HD. The other channels that had the same thing occur were ESPN 2 and TNT, the HD channels weren't coming it, rather I was seein a message stating "Searching for signal". All of these HD channels are visible on #72, 75 and I forget what channel ESPN2 in HD is located in this range. But as with you, I used to receive ESPN, ESPN2 and TNT at the channel locations of 206, 209 and 245, only now they are no longer visible there. Strange that the CR didn't know this, lucky I figured it out for myself without having a technician come to my house for $79.99.

Sounds like you need a repeak of your dish. When ESPN and the others mentioned were converted to MPEG4, they started coming in off D11. As suggested by GoalieBob, check your signals on 99a/c and see if they are a little weak.

The channels in the 70's are still mirrored MPEG2 versions and coming off another sat.

Arent they going to be "phasing out" those HD channels in the 70's soon? I hope you get this issue fixed before you lose the channels all together....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)