This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

ESPN Classic to close

I wish ESPN classic was an HD channel since there are several classic games that are from the HD era. I would have watched the channel more often if it was an HD channel and also if it was closer to the other ESPN channels in location on the guide. I often forget about ESPN classic because it's in the 600's and I don't even always remember what the channel number is.

Wow. Although I’m older than you, you sound like me when I was a kid.

maybe if they keeped it as the main overflow it would of gone HD

I see ESPN Classic is off Directv will it be back ? I like classic college football will it be on other ESPN platforms ?

I think there was a message on the receivers that it was going to be dropped (or end) in December. The message is gone now though (on my receiver anyway).

I like classic college football is it on anywhere else ?

Look at YouTube, lots of games there. ESPN did away with ESPN Classic for most providers a couple of years ago. There are probably some on the ESPN app, but I imagine most are part of the individual conference networks now.

Are the ESPN Classic games on YouTube ?

There are 1000s of old sports events on YouTube, most just uploaded by hobbyists from old VCR tapes. If there are copyright issues nobody has ever tried to enforce it.

That is kind of the point of the death of ESPNC. The internet has made it obsolete. If, for reasons I don’t understand, consider a 25 year old sports event to be compelling programming, it is available.

ejb1980 dose
Dose ESPN Classic on demand is still there, channel 1614. follow the same Directv ESPN Classic schedule ?

ejb1890 you said It's on-demand - there is no schedule. Just tune to 1614 and pick games from the menu at the left. is it the full games ?