How to Modify Firmware on Hotel Receivers for Full Access to Channels and Settings?

bahknight

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
florida
I bought 8 receivers from ebay not realizing that there is a difference between hotel receivers. Is there a way to change the firmware so that I can get it to show all the channels and allow me with full access to the settings?

What are the receiver models? If you go to Menu, Settings & Help, and Settings, what is the current firmware that it is running? Include also the full model of the box as shown in the Settings, including with the parentheses.

If your box says: H25H (managed) or.something similar (I just used an H25 as an example), then you are out of luck as far as removing the software.

However, if the box says something like H25 (unmanaged), you can activate the box on your account and perform a forced software download to get it onto the residential software. This is done by pressing 02468 on the splash screen QUICKLY when the Receivers say 'Hello. Your Directv receiver is starting up.'

Reactions: cpalmer2k
What are the receiver models? If you go to Menu, Settings & Help, and Settings, what is the current firmware that it is running? Include also the full model of the box as shown in the Settings, including with the parentheses.

If your box says: H25H (managed) or.something similar (I just used an H25 as an example), then you are out of luck as far as removing the software.

However, if the box says something like H25 (unmanaged), you can activate the box on your account and perform a forced software download to get it onto the residential software. This is done by pressing 02468 on the splash screen QUICKLY when the Receivers say 'Hello. Your Directv receiver is starting up.'

You don't need to activate the box on your account to connect it and force the software download.

You don't need to activate the box on your account to connect it and force the software download.
You do. Otherwise, the box won't know the account configuration and assume it is still commercial, therefore looking for the commercial software upon force software request INSTEAD of the residential software. I've witnessed it myself with HR24s before.

Reactions: Jimbo