ESPN HD - Tonight's Game

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
This is listed as HD, I've only watched one or two games, but I see the "HD" bars on the side, that tells me that... this isn't HD right? Why is ESPN broadcasting what's supposed to be HD in 4:3 standard?

I keep waiting for a nice true 1080i or 720p 16x9 Baseball game to be shown on ESPN and ZIP NOTHING, zero zilch nada...

By the way Worldsport looked spectacular last night Barcelona Vs Espanyol, good gmae too.

The game was switched with the Cubs game that was on this afternoon, this game is NOT HD.

Ah... also Jay Leno, first time I watch it, is it usually in HD but in 4:3? Because it looked sharp as hell but just not 16x9.

Dvlos, you are fortunate to have an NBC that has a good upconverter. Our NBC SD material looks really bad, but our CBS looks almost HD. When you see Jay Leno in True HD, you will be blown away, my man.

I haven't seen anything on NBC in Widescreen save one NASCAR race. Last night I was nearly blown away because I could like count Christina Applegate's freckles, ON HER BREAST. I was just curious if it was supposed to be in 4:3 mode or in 16x9? The PG listed it as HD though.. I constantly find that the NBC affiliate here has trouble also with switching their signal broadcast that same NASCAR race started coming in SD after a commercial break then went back to HD.

You mean you don't get CBS in True HD? What? CSI Miami and CSI Vegas are like the best looking shows that grace my HDTV weekly...

I don't know who's more dissappointing FoX or NBC, on one hand Fox is talking about having everything upgraded to true HD, great...NBC has the ability to slap shows on in HD but most of their stuff is in SD, really the only show I like on NBC is like Fear Factor, but since its not in HD I don't even bother.

CBS and ABC seem to pimp the most HD daily.