Espn Hd

The resolution is 1280x720p. That is considered HD. Some of the content I know is not 16:9 but 4:3 upconverts with the Big Letters "HD" on the sides instead of black bars.

MPEG4 will look very similar, maybe a little better. Anyway it will not be true HD.

murf said:
MPEG4 will look very similar, maybe a little better. Anyway it will not be true HD.

no no.. the pregame/halftime are in HD..but the game itself isnt. espnhd is pissing me off. ESPNHD sunday night football = HD. Rockets game on right now..not

kcromeis said:
appreciate it. just seems silly i guess

you are sooooooo right kcromeis. it is silly. without the repeat of sports center every hour ESPN HD has about 4 hours of HD a day. i actually thought it was more but thanks to the link provided by BFG i see that it is 4 hours or less of HD a day and its only live sports if you are lucky. the link shows NO live sports on thursday.
i do appreciate sports center but even when they play clips those ESPN bars come out. i do enjoy sunday night football and an occasional basketball game in HD but i cant park my tv on ESPN for long because i am afraid the side bars will burn into my screen.
now we are going to get ESPN2 HD in january and E* will raise our rates in february and tell us that all that ESPN HD costs a lot of money and somebody has to pay for it. i swear they should just put more HD in ESPN HD 1 and forget about ESPN HD 2 until we get to at least 12 hours of live HD sports on the first channel. even if they have to tape delay HD events they could at least show something in HD on a premium HD channel.

All the NBA games on TNT are in HD. Several of the NBA games on ESPNHD are not. And who cares if the Sportscenter studio is in HD? When they actually show game clips, more often than not they are in SD. You would think they would do all games in HD, as these games are the basis of all their programming.
ABC is much the same way. Top college football games were mostly in SD on ABC this year, while Notre Dame VS Whoever was consistently in HD on NBC. I have heard that ABC and ESPN have to share equipment and they don't have enough to go around. That being the case, why add ESPN2 to the mix?

What sat will ESPN2 HD be on? Will it be shown on 110 or 119 like ESPN HD? Those are the only sats I get with Dish 500

ESPN2 HD is only uplinked on 61.5/129. So the answer is no you will need a Dish 1000 (110/119/129) or a seperate dish (61.5) with a DP Single/Dual.

Damn, I guess it's back to cable for me since the wife won't let me get another dish. I'm located in PA so the Dish 1000 is out for me, isn't that right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)