ESPN Picture Quality Worse Recently?

now when you look at a transponder and see a bunch of channels on a transponder, if there are dupes of a channel its only one channel of bandwidth

example is TP2....Food is listed 4 times on there but its only 1 channel of bandwidth

It looks like they are still doing eight channels per tp. But, what is the TMP HD. Is that active? If so that would make it 9. And a PQ destroyer.:eek:

I'm on western arc in Alaska, where signal strength etc, is as low as anyone's, and ESPN as well as all my HD is pretty darn good. I watch ESPN alot, and haven't experienced any of the symptoms on this thread. (execpt during snow fade, which is just a way of life)

It would appear that any improved pq was short lived. The last couple weeks things appear to be back to the normal poor pq. The aub/ore game is a good example. Very soft and has compression artifacts even on the score bar. Most others on Avs are reporting good pq, so I have to blame dish on this one.

It would appear that any improved pq was short lived. The last couple weeks things appear to be back to the normal poor pq. The aub/ore game is a good example. Very soft and has compression artifacts even on the score bar. Most others on Avs are reporting good pq, so I have to blame dish on this one.
I'm a Dish EA sub and the pq was very good, as it was for all of the bowl games I saw on ESPN over the last couple of weeks....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts