ESPN Rant

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fargus

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
Shouldn't Wimbledon be shown in HD? I know tennis isn't that big of sport, but come on.... Your showing almost every game of the College World Series in HD, but you can't show the biggest PROFESSIONAL Tennis tournament of the year??? This chanell is a joke. Yes im gonna still watch everything they show, i love sports, i just like ranting every now and then.

Amen!
Whats really annoying is, tennis can't be all that difficult to cover in HD. The court is smaller than most sports arenas, and it only takes a few cameras to cover a match. It has to be easier than baseball, football, or hockey, and a lot easier than golf, which needs tons of cameras.
Shame on ESPN and NBC!
:mad:

I'm not sure that more people watch tennis than the World Series of Poker. Tennis just doesn't matter anymore on a national level. Until I read this post, I didn't even know Wimbelton had started.

It's the first round. It's shown real-time which is a minimum of 5 hours ahead. Frankly, I could care less. Once it moves to the network (CBS?) then maybe we can bitch about it.

cyuhnke said:
I'm not sure that more people watch tennis than the World Series of Poker. Tennis just doesn't matter anymore on a national level. Until I read this post, I didn't even know Wimbelton had started.
At least tennis is a legimate sport. Last time I checked poker was a card game. But I agree no one cares about tennis. Infact I would be upset if an HD cam was wasted on tennis when other sports like MLB etc dont get full HD coverage.

I remember last year CBS carried the later rounds in HD...hey ESPN is just not ready for prime time HD. I really dont come to expect that much from the ch. Even Sportscenter is a disappointment to me.

vurbano said:
At least tennis is a legimate sport. Last time I checked poker was a card game. But I agree no one cares about tennis. Infact I would be upset if an HD cam was wasted on tennis when other sports like MLB etc dont get full HD coverage.
I think we agree on this, but I'll clarify a little bit. Tennis is a legitimate sport. I used to be the the world's biggest Boris Becker fan. But the sport is irrelevant nowadays. Does anyone even know who played in the Men's and Women's Finals at the French Open?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)