espn syracuse game blackout

pjm8047

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 27, 2004
syracuse,ny
I was watching the syracuse vs BC game on ESPN for a half hour and then it was blacked out. Time Warner cable carriers the game on a local Time Warner sports channel and the game plays on ESPN too. Do they black it out because it is on cable channel? This sucks I have to listen to the game on the radio now. :mad: :mad: :mad:

pjm8047 said:
I was watching the syracuse vs BC game on ESPN for a half hour and then it was blacked out. Time Warner cable carriers the game on a local Time Warner sports channel and the game plays on ESPN too. Do they black it out because it is on cable channel? This sucks I have to listen to the game on the radio now. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Time Warner owns the exclusive local rights to all Syracuse games in the Local Market, so the only way to get Syracuse games in the local market is on the local Syracuse Time Warner system.

The reason the game is shown locally on the ESPN channel in Syracuse is that the local TW cable company can place the Game feed from its' local market sports channel on their channel as well as replace the ESPN FEED for the length of the game.

BTW its not Dish's fault. The problem is that TW owns all the exclusive rights to air their games in the local market, so ESPN has to be blacked out in the Syracuse market.

John

I can't even watch syracuse games on ESPN Full Court. The only games I can watch is if ESPN is the only channel carrying the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)