ESPN to televise college playoff

I have reopened this one because not everyone is a sports fan or reads the sports forum, and this is something that can effect every cable or satellite subscriber. While it may be a duplicate thread to the one in the sports forum this one should also be in the general cable area as well. I can see this as a big issue going forward as every time we hear about a new sports star signing a new contract for major $$ or a league has just signed a deal with a company like ESPN for Billions of dollars you really got to wonder who is paying for that.

The answer is of course us...

Thanks Scott. I will add that I can live without ESPN and FSN without a problem, but the significant added costs of paying for the sports channels were a major factor in deciding that cable was not worth $100/mo to me. Over in the sports thread, they analyzed that the cost will be over $.50/subscriber/month just for these playoffs. That probably means a $1.50-$2 increase in the monthly cable bill for something I will not watch.

Thanks Scott, That si why ESPN needs a competitor for competition for the programming :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts