ESPN2 to show 2 Premier League matches per week

I was about to post this this is, good HD EPL action about time.
HD is a possibility. ESPN will have access to HD feeds, the question is whether they will bother to do so. They often did not bother to do so when showing UEFA Champions League on ESPN2.
However, even if the feed is not HD, it should be the best PQ yet for Premier League, since the ESPN2-HD channel has higher bitrate.

ESPN is doing games in HD in the UK, they just have to send it to the US for the games they do, for the other just send the SkySports feed, which FSC will also use once they go HD.

HD dosent work the last few season in CL because they feed is only provided to local markets, because the local channels like Canal+ in Germany/ Italy, Sporttv in Portugal send feed via fiber to local office. Only in the semis or final is there a global feed.

Yes, ESPN can provide it in HD if they want to do so, the question is whether they will bother to do so.

We will know the answer in a little over a week from now.

Meanwhile, the Guide shows that ESPN2 will have move their Saturday Morning Hunting/Fishing shows to a different time slot...

I think it will be shame if they not gonna show it in HD,they should know there are lots of us hungry for some HD euro soccer,especialy EPL. And MLS is too boring for me even in HD...

Maybe if ESPN continues to pick up top flight soccer after now acquiring EPL and La Liga, they will proceed with their rumored plans to convert ESPN Classic into ESPN 3, an all-soccer network.

Further information (unconfirmed) is that Jon Champion, former commentator for Setanta UK, will be doing the commentary for ESPN UK and also ESPN2. He will be at the stadium.

Even upconverted SD (if PAL like I'd imagine) would work really well. They've done that for the British Open on TNT and ABC.

But HD is better. Only the colors would have to be converted, or would they?

So far my guide doesnt show that they gonna air any soccer tomorrow.But it should be Chelsea v Hull City, 7:45am,on ESPN2.So let see in the morning....

copy\paste from my post at bigsoccer:

I've been watching the EPL since the humble beginings of Fox Sports World almost 10 years ago. This is a great day for us yanks. While this is not the first time I've watched the EPL in HD (I had canuck TV for a couple years and The Score had games in HD) ESPN seems to actually care about the coverage they have to offer. The last time I saw full pre-kick off coverage was when I used to pay for the EPL PPV season package a few years ago

Thank you ESPN. Well done. I used to cringe at your footie coverage but you've got a new fanboy as of this morning. Please bring us the games just like this (HD, no\limited bottomline, pre-match coverage, Brit commentary) and please follow the same path for WC2010 coverage.

I'm still having to pinch myself:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts