Espn2

sA :: Shaggy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
5701 S Santa Fe Dr
well we all know espn is expensive and plays some of the stupidest things ever (champ. eating or ping pong) but on right now and for a lot of the day they had on US Championship Paintball Finals. So at least we know they play something good every now and again.

I saw the commercial for the Spelling Bee the other day. Pretty funny that it is going to be in HD (on both ESPN and ABC), but the Indy 500 was in SD. . .

Paint ball is about as much a sport as poker or a spelling bee for that matter, mind you I like cards but it has no place on espn and for the money that we are paying for this channel I would expect alot of people to be really pissed off that they are putting in this crap as filler for the time that they arent showing real sports.

Paintball is far less watchable on TV than poker. All people do is hide behind barriers and fire countless rounds too small to see on TV. Paintball should remove most of the barriers, make the paintballs about the size of golfballs, and make the guns only hold a few balls so shots were precious and you needed to reload frequenlty. It would add strategy other than just duck, hide and fire.

Well lets agree its all CRAP! I love sports but when ESPN says they are the leaders and make rates go up and play this kind of CRAP it does not make me happy!!

I think we all can agree that ESPN needs new program directors. Paintball with helmet cams may be watchable, but 3rd person is dumb.

I could watch curling or sumo-wrestling any day of the week...

Rumour is that bingo, yatzee, scrabble, chess, chinese checkers, and chutes and ladders are coming to espn soon and nfl and mlb contracts wont be renewed next year, oh and your bill for the channel will go up another $5 a month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)