ESPNApp

JerryVolunteer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Memphis, TN
Does anyone else have issues with the ESPNApp? I do whenever I try to watch live shows. It always freezes and skips no matter what platform i try to play it from.

I do not have this issue with any other app and I have fiber internet.

I'm using a browser and experienced what you described last night trying to watch college football semifinals. Was really bad and hard to watch. Apparently, WatchESPN isn't able to keep up with the demand on popular live programs. Several times I did speedtests of my ISP and had plenty of bandwidth (16+ Mb/s).

I'm using a browser and experienced what you described last night trying to watch college football semifinals. Was really bad and hard to watch. Apparently, WatchESPN isn't able to keep up with the demand on popular live programs. Several times I did speedtests of my ISP and had plenty of bandwidth (16+ Mb/s).

Same here. I kept doing speed tests and everything was fine. Its really annoying.

This would appear to be an ESPN server issue. With so many ESPN streamers. they are having trouble with too much volume...

It's not just popular live programs. It happens to me pretty much whenever I have to watch my hometown college basketball team play a game on ESPN3. And the entire reason it's on ESPN3 is because it's not popular. Lol I'm normally watching on a PS4 with a wired connection to 50 MB per second internet service with no other online activity going on in my house at the same time. It's a common complaint in other streaming discussion groups.

Reactions: JerryVolunteer
This would appear to be an ESPN server issue. With so many ESPN streamers. they are having trouble with too much volume...

I always use it to watch live ESPN because it is in 1080P while on cable/sat/OTT services it is in 720P, I wonder how many more are watching because of that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts