Espnhd Pq Now In The Toilet

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sean Mota said:
Oh Brother... WTF is D* doing?
I don't know either...I now have 2 identical channel 73's (ESPNHD) on my
old RCA DCT-100 receiver. Maybe the duce(ESPN2) is coming? :)

Anything new on this today. Haven't taken a look yet. If ESPN PQ is worse, I am goona have to make a call tomorrow and rip someone at D*. Not that it will do any good but I have to vent!

There's always Dish, but E* still hasn't gotten the other big "3" on its line up. Either way no matter what you do, there's no complete solution.

ocnier said:
There's always Dish, but E* still hasn't gotten the other big "3" on its line up. Either way no matter what you do, there's no complete solution.
Unless you live in an area with a really good cable company. Ive heard of some spectacular lineups but I think those areas are limited.

As of today, it is very hard to watch HBO, SHOW, HDnet and HDnet movies on D*. Most of the Networks, I could get OTA... If it is, indeed, the addition of new channel, I personally do not want it. What does ESPN2 HD offers anyway? Is there anything worth on it? I personally would like to have better quality on one channels than two mediocre HD channels.

ESPN2 HD is an important channel for sports fans. Especially once football season arrives. The thing is, we want and deserve both high quality HD PQ and plenty of HD stations. As long as this is a short term situation while they adjust their system, I'm okay with it. I'm not sure I buy the whole band width argument. If they need to take four sd stations down that nobody watches, they should do that to make room for espn2 and tnt if nothing else.

Its always darkest before the dawn...

rick

alag8r said:
ESPN2 HD is an important channel for sports fans. Especially once football season arrives.

How so? It wont be showing any NFL and ESPNHD will only have one game a week

alag8r said:
I'm not sure I buy the whole band width argument. If they need to take four sd stations down that nobody watches, they should do that to make room for espn2 and tnt if nothing else.

Not going to happen. They have contracts forbidding that. And many of these contracts are for large groups of channels that include 1 HD channel.

Exactly - espn2 is for college football. Some of us actually enjoy the college game much more than the nfl. I don't even care who wins the nfl games (as long as my fantasy players score all the points). Of course there is also college basketball when the time comes too.

my point though is that we should expect both good PQ and channel choices.

rick

Just to set expectations, did you see who was playing in those HD games on the ESPN2?? Nothing earth shattering, ESPN better come up with some good TBD games or I am not going to be watching college ball on either ESPN HD Network this fall. Ok, Ok its just for Sept but you get my point.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Broken Record: New Forum Member / Advice

Newbie OTA / Multiswitch Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)