ESPN's Bonds On Bonds Pulled

Well, let's tell it how it is, nobody gives a damn about Hank Aaron...He's the forgotten legend if there ever was one, no? The Babe is still the top guy in a lot of people's eyes, which is the only reason bonds is getting any attention right now...

Purogamer said:
Well, let's tell it how it is, nobody gives a damn about Hank Aaron...He's the forgotten legend if there ever was one, no? The Babe is still the top guy in a lot of people's eyes, which is the only reason bonds is getting any attention right now...
You're exactly right, and that's the shame of it all. This whole thing really brings the Bonds witch hunt into focus for what it really is.

The basic problem with this program is that is not a documentary. I will never take seriously this type of nonsense that ESPN/Bonds was trying to deliver. Basically ESPN had no saying in what was said by Bonds or what questions to ask. ESPN provided the cameras and Bonds decided what to include and not to include. There is no objective documentary. In fact, this cannot be called a documentary based on the fact that Bonds (the subject in question) directed what to answer and the questions. Pure nonsense. I am glad is out and hopefully it won't return ever.

I agree the "Bonds on Bonds" was stupid, I kinda thought that would be the case from the beginning, I could not understand why they would do this in the 1st place, other than Tuesday night is always the slowest night of the week for ESPN...

If ya notice, they have never had anything worthwhile on Tuesday nights, unless there happens to be a game on.

This is the night for them to always try thier Original Entertainment, I haven't seen too much of thier O.E. that was worthwhile either......

Do you suppose they will try for a Tuesday Night college or Pro Football schedule to give themselfs something to show on Tuesday ?
Every other night seems to have football on during the season, I know a few of our Local games have been shown on Tuesday's in the last few years.

Jimbo

brainiac said:
You're exactly right, and that's the shame of it all. This whole thing really brings the Bonds witch hunt into focus for what it really is.

Just making myself crystal clear on this one..but youre calling the attacks on Bonds a witch hunt?

i remember the last episode they had, he walking around the mall and he had the most feminine looking boobs i ever seen on a man! Like people are gonna watch a guy with some serious man boobs and he wants to keep on denying it? No wonder that anyone watched it!

boston area dtv said:
Just making myself crystal clear on this one..but youre calling the attacks on Bonds a witch hunt?
Yep, you're damned right I am. You tell me why they're just going after one man, when steroid usage was alleged to be so widespread throughout baseball? Have you ever heard any talk about putting asterisks by McGwire's, Sosa's, or Palmeiro's homer totals? Have you heard any talk about wiping out Brady Anderson's 50-homer season? Jason Giambi admitted using steroids (in leaked testimony, never publicly), and yet baseball has done absolutely nothing. No suspension, no asterisks, no nothing. What about the pitchers? Haven't you noticed that pitching velocities have gone down in the last couple of years? And hasn't Roger Clemens' career paralleled Bonds' on the pitching side? Baseball is going specifically after one guy - Barry Bonds.

brainiac said:
Yep, you're damned right I am. You tell me why they're just going after one man, when steroid usage was alleged to be so widespread throughout baseball? Have you ever heard any talk about putting asterisks by McGwire's, Sosa's, or Palmeiro's homer totals? Have you heard any talk about wiping out Brady Anderson's 50-homer season? Jason Giambi admitted using steroids (in leaked testimony, never publicly), and yet baseball has done absolutely nothing. No suspension, no asterisks, no nothing. What about the pitchers? Haven't you noticed that pitching velocities have gone down in the last couple of years? And hasn't Roger Clemens' career paralleled Bonds' on the pitching side? Baseball is going specifically after one guy - Barry Bonds.

I agree to a certian extent, I am not a BB hater or lover.
As for the others you mentioned, I go by,
If it was not illegal in baseballs eyes when it was discovered and is now(M. Maguire),
I see no need to disqualify the persons records for something he was taking at the time, IF he's stupid enough to get caught after they ban the item, then he deserves whatever he gets.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
I agree to a certian extent, I am not a BB hater or lover.
As for the others you mentioned, I go by,
If it was not illegal in baseballs eyes when it was discovered and is now(M. Maguire),
I see no need to disqualify the persons records for something he was taking at the time, IF he's stupid enough to get caught after they ban the item, then he deserves whatever he gets.

Jimbo
Then why are they investigating Bonds now? It was legal up through 2004. Everything they're investigating is based on the time frame when baseball had no steroid policy. So what's good for the other guys should be good enough for Bonds...but it's not. They want him...badly.

PRror to 2004 MLB had no mandatory testing for steroids. So it can be said that they were legal in baseball (or ignored) but the BALCO case shows us that federal law sees it differently.

Geronimo said:
PRror to 2004 MLB had no mandatory testing for steroids. So it can be said that they were legal in baseball (or ignored) but the BALCO case shows us that federal law sees it differently.
The Feds are interested in whether or not Bonds perjured himself during a federal investigation (grand jury testimony). MLB is going after Bonds specifically to get Bonds for baseball's sake. Two different motives. Federal law has always seen unauthorized steroid distribution as a crime.

I think selig is just picking the easiest target to try and make people like him before he leaves baseball as one of the worst commissioners in MLB history. The guy is a total douche and can't leave soon enough...

brainiac said:
Then why are they investigating Bonds now? It was legal up through 2004. Everything they're investigating is based on the time frame when baseball had no steroid policy. So what's good for the other guys should be good enough for Bonds...but it's not. They want him...badly.

I agree with you, they should not be going after anyone prior to 2004 for steroids, however, I think MLB has put in this new drug program and has decided if they can suspend a BIG TIME name, it will set a presidence.

If you notice NO one that is somebody has been found using under the new policy.

I think it's a joke that they are going specifically after Bonds, while Giambi and Sheffield go free, although at least Giambi admitted it.

What I forsee happening is if the heat gets to HOT, I expect Bonds to retire before MLB brings any findings on him.

There were a lot more than just Bonds using ......

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts