ESPNU HD

espn and dish is in a dispute over hd carriage espn wants hd royalties separate from sd channel carrying...maybe someone else can explain it better :)

Does anyone know why Dish doesnt carry ESPNU in Hd, College football season right around the corner and this sure would be nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:confused:

Yes, I agree. I find myself a little frustrated with Dish every football season. If they could provide this along with the full-time HD RSN's I would never have a complaint about their service. I could never go to DirectTV due to the lack of certain national channels in HD that we watch frequently...but football season still tempts me every year to make the change.

Last edited:
Well, we're a month a few days from the start of college football. I would expect the local baiter to bring it out again. It allows all of us who have wanted the HD version for years to be reminded.... ;)

I hate that mouse.

mouse.jpg

1.) Every time Disney comes up it reminds me of the Jonus Brothers episode of South Park, where Mickey Mouse is made to look (to me) kind of Tony Soprano-ish (but not fat, just mofia like).

2.) Bob Caruthers: You're spot on! "It's the annual question." Along with full time HD RSN at the start of any sports season, and the MLB Network every February.

3.) I can't understand that if ESPN has cut the "normal" SD feed and now just makes Dish down convert the HD feed, why can't Dish just broadcast the HD feed as is? I know it's Disney, but shouldn't Dish have leverage on Disney with that one. ESPN News is still a standard SD screen, thus is exempt from that question.

Correction, they want to add ESPNU-HD for free and Disney won't let them.
I believe that E* wants the same deal that D* and Comcast got from Disney (Most Favored Nation Clause in contract) but Disney insists that (for E* only) SD and HD programming are separate and wants payment for both. Thus the court fight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)