ESPNU in HD

Actually it may be sooner than a lot of us think...

someone in an SEC athletic department stated to me the suit is not going to affect the start up date for ESPNU Hd on Dish Network. While Dish is wanting better tier pricing or so forth, they know if they can beat Direct TV to the punch it will help them quite a bit, especially in the southeast. The other thing is Dish is the official sattelite company of many of the SEC athletic departments and with the new ESPN/SEC package this is gonna get done like really soon. By September 5th soon.......... i'm just the messenger passing along what I heard.

someone in an SEC athletic department stated to me the suit is not going to affect the start up date for ESPNU Hd on Dish Network. While Dish is wanting better tier pricing or so forth, they know if they can beat Direct TV to the punch it will help them quite a bit, especially in the southeast. The other thing is Dish is the official sattelite company of many of the SEC athletic departments and with the new ESPN/SEC package this is gonna get done like really soon. By September 5th soon.......... i'm just the messenger passing along what I heard.

I hope your right. We'll see.

All of what you said has made really good sense.

Remember though this is Dish we are talking about, the non-sense company!!

For those of you who have a way to see the U in HD other than on DISH :( our first HD studio show from our new HD control room airs on Monday.

The first live CFB game in of the season on ESPNU is Thursday, Sept-3. Maybe the Wednesday, Sept-2 uplink... maybe.

Maybe Tuesday (Sept. 1st)??

I had posted a couple of weeks ago about an SEC Athletic Dept. employee saying Dish would have ESPNU HD before football season. I have not talked to him again, but I just talked to a Dish Network rep who said they couldn't disclose anything today, but I would be very happy and to check back in a couple of days. My guess is we will have it on Tuesday, September 1st. I'm just passing on what I've heard and what I hope!

Here's hoping they surprise us. I have an Auburn party scheduled for September 5. And it won't make or break the party with being stuck with SD, but it would be such a nice little extra to be able to watch the game in HD.

I know that chats with customer service means little, but this sounds like the news I was expecting...:(

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](10PtAlli-RF) Sean O. AX9: Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today.
(10PtAlli-RF) Sean O. AX9: I'd be glad to help you
Jimmie: I was wondering if Dish was going to add ESPNU HD before college football season starts
(10PtAlli-RF) Sean O. AX9: Let me check into that for you.
(10PtAlli-RF) Sean O. AX9: I am checking my updates right now.
Jimmie: thank you
(10PtAlli-RF) Sean O. AX9: Unfortunately it does not appear that ESPNU will be broadcast in HD by this weekend.
(10PtAlli-RF) Sean O. AX9: I don't see any updates about the HD broadcasting launch for ESPNU but new channels go HD every month so once it does go HD you will get the feed as long as you are subscribed to the HD package.
Jimmie: A big bummer but thanks for checking on this for me.
(10PtAlli-RF) Sean O. AX9: I know, I am a big college football fan myself. Anything else I can help you out with today?
Jimmie: No that's it. Thanks for your help today
(10PtAlli-RF) Sean O. AX9: Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day
[/FONT]

Those of you comfortable using the Dish network customer service chat, one thing you can do is make a formal request for the channel.

I was chatting 2 weeks ago about adding a new HD receiver to my account and when we were done they asked me, "is there anything else I can do for you today?"

I told him "yes" and said I would like to make a formal request for ESPNU in HD. He said ok, took a few minutes, came back and said he sent the request to the programming department.

According to Dish CEO Charlie (FWIW) he says they are tracking the amount of requests they get for each channel they do not offer. It might not help anything but it certainly couldn't hurt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)