espnu

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

larry55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 15, 2009
dothan al
will dish have espnu in hd before football season?Since charlir a big tennesse fan .

I guess I'm a big sports fan(especially college football)so I'm struggling to think of an HD channel that Dish has recently added that would be more welcome then ESPNU-HD. In the past couple years the game selection was a little less then stellar, but it could be more compelling now that ESPN has a new contract with the SEC.

Agree, now that they have the SEC contract this is a "must have" channel for me. Charlie and I share our love for UT so hopefully he will come through!

Agree, now that they have the SEC contract this is a "must have" channel for me. Charlie and I share our love for UT so hopefully he will come through!

Areed. Except insert my Auburn Tigers where you have your Vols.
If we get this hd channel my hd world will be complete. :)

Why not anytime soon? Wasn't Dish quick to add ESPNews once it started broadcasting in HD? Seems like they have a good relationship with the ESPN family of networks.
same with Disney HD, Toon Disney HD, and ABC Family HD. I'm surprised they still don't have ESPNU

My understanding is that a contract for this HD channel is signed and done. However, dish does not have to pay anything for the channel until they actually make it available to subs. In other words, dish is probably holding off in order to save the $$ for now. My guess is that they'll make it available right before the next rate hike (feb 2010?).

My understanding is that a contract for this HD channel is signed and done. However, dish does not have to pay anything for the channel until they actually make it available to subs. In other words, dish is probably holding off in order to save the $$ for now. My guess is that they'll make it available right before the next rate hike (feb 2010?).
That's old cheap a** charlie, Lets nickel and dime a little bit more!!!!!!:rant:

Well if we ever do get it in HD on Dish you guys are gonna love what we have in store for you on the U. The new graphics packages and studio show are going to be great.

I work for the U and I wish you could see it in HD like we do.

I work for the U and I wish you could see it in HD like we do.

No more than we wish we could.:)

btw. Too many graphics when showing a sporting event in HD means too much clutter. I want my screen showing just the event with NO graphics or ticker. I am sure I am in the majority on this one. ESPN2 HD did a really nice job at this years Wimbledon by doing away with the ticker. A really clean screen!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts