Ethernet connection problem

psychotrope

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
So I connected a Cat6 ethernet cable to the back of my 722 and then connected it to the back of my SBCGlobal/ATT/Yahoo DSL wireless router. I have restarted both the receiver and the router but when I go to the Menu > System Setup > Diagnostics and click on "Connection" it still says "Broadband Connection FAILURE Phone Connection OK" after running the connection test.

I'm sure this has been covered, but I couldn't find any answers when I searched the forum. Can someone tell me if there's something else I need to do to get my 722 connected to my broadband? I'm not trying to do it wireless. I'm hoping to get on the SlingGuide band wagon.

Is the 722 supposed to use a lot of bandwidth when connected? Because I've noticed a dramatic decrease in speed when I access the internet from my computers since I plugged the 722 into an ethernet port on the back of my wireless router. Has anyone else experienced this?

The DISH ViP series receivers use very little bandwidth unless you're downloading DishOnline content. My ViP622 pings every once in a while.

I'd be checking cables and monitoring the traffic on the computers.

Watch the activity light on the back of your DVR and see if it flashes a lot.

Is the 722 supposed to use a lot of bandwidth when connected? Because I've noticed a dramatic decrease in speed when I access the internet from my computers since I plugged the 722 into an ethernet port on the back of my wireless router. Has anyone else experienced this?
Do you have any other hardware involved that might be the culprit? A hub perhaps?

Go to speedtest.com and try it on your computer while the receiver is plugged in to the ethernet and then while it is unplugged and note the difference to us.
Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test
Choose the closest site to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)