Ethernet Hookup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

eddwall

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 18, 2012
I need to hookup Ethernet to my 1Hopper / 2 Joey install....can only get Ethernet to a Joey ... Will this work and will broadband be available for other Joey and the Hopper.

Thanks

So Ethernet directly connected to Joey will not work???
I have it hooked up, but it seems to be a little unstable ...drops out every few minutes.

So Ethernet directly connected to Joey will not work???
I have it hooked up, but it seems to be a little unstable ...drops out every few minutes.

Must be a bad end or cable. My joey never loses Ethernet. I have it and the Hopper on active Ethernet lines. I was using the wifi for joey, but I had the Ethernet right beside it. No problems out of either one.

And u go directly into Joey without HIC.???
.I have tried different cables & router ports ..but same results ...

..My joey never loses Ethernet. I have it and the Hopper on active Ethernet lines. ....
Why? You only need to connect your network to the Hopper, and the Joey will get it's Internet connection via Moca through the coax to the Hopper. Or, conversely, use your Ethernet to an HIC beside the Joey, and the Hopper will get its network connection through the coax to the HIC. In either case, you do not need to connect both Hopper and Joey directly to your LAN.

Gary Pen is correct, you only have to hook it u once in your system. I have a 2 Hopper / 4 Joey system at home , Ethernet installed on both Hoppers.... All Joeys can use broadband. I'm at my mom's house and have a 1 Hopper / 1 Joey

Sorry ... Trying to use phone .. Hit send ...trying to backup...anyway on my mom's 1H/1J system trying to hookup Ethernet straight to a Joey without HIC.

<snip>
You only need to connect your network to the Hopper, and the Joey will get it's Internet connection via Moca through the coax to the Hopper.
Or, conversely, use your Ethernet to an HIC beside the Joey, and the Hopper will get its network connection through the coax to the HIC.
In either case, you do not need to connect both Hopper and Joey directly to your LAN.

If the Hopper(s) and Joey(s) are all hard wired (ethernet) to the LAN is there any advantage(s) over MoCA? Bottlenet?
Are the Hoppers and Joeys intelligent enough to determine the shortest path?

Gary Pen is correct, you only have to hook it u once in your system. I have a 2 Hopper / 4 Joey system at home , Ethernet installed on both Hoppers.... All Joeys can use broadband. I'm at my mom's house and have a 1 Hopper / 1 Joey

This is true, but I got tired of the Joey showing Red on Broadband. I had the port, I hooked it up. I like green broadband on my stuff.

It's no harm done.

Internet hookup to the system is dependent on how the node is wired. IF you use a tap to your Joeys instead of hooking up to the node= no internet eveni if you are direct connected at the hoppers. I ordered a HIC and supposedly that will correct the problem.

I have one hardwired connection at my hopper, nun at the joeys, and i have no problem with streaming videos. No hic, or any networt connection at joeys becides moca. running 2way of off node to joeys with no issues...

I recommend the HIC. Just hooked one up. Works great. Both Hoppers and all four Joeys are online and each is able to stream movies, etc.

Did you hook up HIC to the Hopper or Joey? Also Did you have internet connection to Hopper before you hooked up the HIC?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts