Ethernet Pass-Through on New Hopper??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bmetelsky

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2006
Elyria, OH USA
I am new to Dish and have an install scheduled for tomorrow. I am wondering if the ethernet pass-through on the back of the Hopper is functional yet? I have ethernet in the room with the main tv, but would like to also connect the X-Box. Is anybody doing this?

The Hopper does not offer pass thru and there is no indication it ever will.

No problem. Just asking in case it did. Was trying to avoid crawling around in the attic.
I was able to add a hard wired outlet next to the tv, so now have one for the Hopper and the XBox.

No problem. Just asking in case it did. Was trying to avoid crawling around in the attic.
I was able to add a hard wired outlet next to the tv, so now have one for the Hopper and the XBox.

Which makes no logical sense. The network switching capability is already being utilized with bridging, so why not enable the extra ethernet port?
I agree, sympathize, and would use such a feature. They've had a year, so perhaps there is another concern of which we are unaware. Might want to find a previous thread on this.

It's just that I have this old man, Experience, screaming at me.

BTW, the standard is to have at least two drops wherever you run RJ-45.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts