EtheWi Wireless-G Bridge

DRayFin

Original poster
May 31, 2010
texas
I have the Ethewi compact ethernet wireless G bridge. I have configured the bridge to work on my network and have confirmed it works by using it to connect 2 desktops to the internet, when I plug it into my ViP722K the bridge led light turns yellow where it was blue and flashed with network traffic when plugged into the desktops. The network setup screen on the receiver says not connected and still does not work when trying to reset the connection. The bridge came with no instructions so I have no idea what status is related to the color change of the led light. Thanks for any help.

Mine came with a 3" cd used for setup to enter WEP or WAP info, the light appears to be yellow and blue with traffic, mine did not work on the 722 until I used the cd and setup

Bob

I used the setup cd and entered the security key and it does work as I have tried it on different computers to connect to the network but shows no network traffic when connected to the receiver.

I have tried resetting the connection, rebooting the reciever and rebooting my router, none of these has worked.

I bought the same bridge off Ebay and have the same exact problem. I can connect the bridge to my desktop and laptop with no problem. Light blinks blue(ish) as traffic moves.

When I connect it to a Dish vip222k or vip722k the light just stays yellow and no connection to the router. The VIP222k is in the same room as the router and normally has a ethernet cable plugged in...so I know the ethernet plug on the receiver works

The router is a DLink WBR-2310...and no encryption is used. I do use the network filter and block all but the pcs in my house....but I've even turned that off trying to get the bridge to work with Dish

I've rebooted everything and still no joy. Tried different cables. Nothing.

I don't understand how the bridge can connect to the router with a laptop or desktop, but as soon as I try the Dish Receiver....nothing...

Any thoughts?

Not sure if this matters, when I got my first one I was having issues, contacted the seller on ebay and he replied to not use Win 7 for the setup, use XP, said that there were known issues using Win 7

Bob

I have windows xp home on one pc and windows xp pro on the other and have used both to configure the bridge and both connected to the router.

When I put it on the Dish receiver its blue for a bit and then stays yellow and won't connect. Even going into the Dish menu and resetting the connection did nothing

Sounds as though we have exactly the same problem bobeli. I configured mine on a windows xp system. It has allowed me to connect to the network on 4 different computers. I plugged it into the receiver and rebooted it, it flashed with network traffic for about 2 sec. and then none, only a yellow led. DHCP is enabled on my router don't know what else to do.

Exactly the problem I'm having. Other computers connect fine....try the Dish receiver (both a 722 & 222) and nothing. Very strange. And I know the ethernet port on the receiver works because I have 1 of them plug into the router. Seems to be a communication problem between the receiver and the ethewi bridge

I don't know that device, but maybe you need to turn off the usb and have it just use the enternet.

I use old linksys routers with dd-wrt loaded on them. I put one in each entertainment center and hook up the sat, dvd, xbox, ...etc to them.

Have you tried connecting this device with the USB and Ethernet cables they say are in the box rather than the way it was designed to be installed on Dish Network boxes.

Maybe there is a poor connection.

Yes.... tried the cables included, tried other cables. Like I said, the bridge will work fine connected to a desktop or latop.....just doesnt work when connect to my Dish 222k or 722k. Even tried a Netgear router vs. a Dlink router.

So I finally took an old wireless router, shut off the wireless, connected the bridge to the WAN port, connected the ethernet cable to the LAN port of the router and the other end to the Dish Receiver and voila....it worked! So now I'm using the bridge as the wireless feed for a router and the receiver is plugged into the router. Works for now until I can find another solution.

I really think it is something with the way the EtheWi is communicating with the Dish Receiver........

Strange, like I posted earlier, I am using 2 of them, took out the box, setup on computer, plugged into receiver did network setup and everything worked

Bob

mind if I ask what receivers you are connecting the EtheWi to and what version software they are running? I would assume they would be up to date....just asking

Thanks for the info bobeli, had 2 old routers that I threw out wish I had one of them to try this out. By the way my receiver and software are 722K @ L662, maybe the updated software is causing a conflict.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts