euronews gone -lack of spanish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pepper rex

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2005
As of yesterday bev has discontinued the popular euronews . it was broadcast in 9 languages including spanish. bev has shown little interest in the needs of the 900,000 spanish speakers in Canada. Now all we have left is telelatino which is mainly italian.Meanwhile lots of programming in hindi , urdu,tamil, mandarin,cantonese,tagalog,etc. Very strange!!

Hmm havent checked my BEV in a few days, it was because of BEV I became hooked on this channel, it would be a shame if it was removed from BEV.

Yup its gone. :( Its been awhile since I played with my ExpressVu setup. I didnt realize until today they did a nice software update on the 9200 which even has Side by side PIP. :)

As of yesterday bev has discontinued the popular euronews . it was broadcast in 9 languages including spanish...
Actually ONLY in 7 languages (NOT 9), but ya.. - including Spanish.

English, French, Portuguese, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish

In every language EXCEPT Spanish, the single most-spoken language in the country after English!!!! Now how does that stupidity make sense?
I don't think that it's just simple stupidity on DISH's part when it comes to the fact that they don't carry Spanish Euronews.

I still think there is some "secret" little reason behind this scenario.

NOT sure what it is of course, but pretty sure that there IS one. :)

I still think there is some "secret" little reason behind this scenario.

NOT sure what it is of course, but pretty sure that there IS one. :)

No conspiracy here - just not enough subscribers, and they'll use that bandwith for more HD stuff.

What do you mean "not enough subscriber base" for Spanish Euronews. (over at DISH Network.. - that what i was taking about.. - read my post again)

Other 6 languages available over at DISH.. but Spanish.. - when Spanish would be THE MOST ethnic Subsriber base, btw ;)

What do you mean "not enough subscriber base" for Spanish Euronews. (over at DISH Network.. - that what i was taking about.. - read my post again)

Sorry, my bad - did not notice your comment was about Dish.

And again, this would not require DISH to use a whole entire video channel, just one more audio stream.

In addition, why is it necessary to map EuroNews to two channel numbers at 61.5, when AFAIK, the Dish system is perfectly capable of mapping all the audio streams to the one video channel?

I think they should not only offer EuroNews en Español, but it should be free to anyone with any Latino pack that points at a satellite carrying it.

I think DISH not offering EuroNews in Spanish... - maybe has something to do with DISH Latino packages anyhow..

Who knows.. - maybe they d have to give it for FREE to DISH Latino customers somehow... but they do not "feel like doing so" .. or maybe they are waiting for the "right" moment to do so, to impress "the heck" out of DISH Latino packages' customers :D

Never know with them..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)