Euronews Launch Delayed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SatelliteGuys.US has just learned that tommorows lauch of EuroNews has been postponed until Tuesday December 5th.

No reason for the delay was given.

It would be nice if they put this in one of the general packages, not just the international packages. How expensive is it?

Somebody posted, IIRC, $20 a la carte.

I'd like to get it, but not at that price. HD Gold will have to suffice.

Thanks for the update, Scott!

navychop said:
Somebody posted, IIRC, $20 a la carte.

I'd like to get it, but not at that price. HD Gold will have to suffice.
I am pretty sure $20 is a mistake (i should hope so anyhow) .. NO WAY Euronews will be 20 bucks a la carte.. It just can't be!

Hopefully DISH will also smarten up somewhat by Dec. 5 then and add a Spanish language one as well...

I called E* twice trying to get more info on this...all w/o any success. I quoted what their own web site is listing but none of cust. serv. reps could not pull any info on "a la carte" option or pricing. They told me about our int. packages which will have EuroNews but nothing on one channel option. I agree $20 is waay to much, I watched this channel back in Europe and would like to have it again for my family but to pay for HD Platinum plus for locals and then some...is just too much.
I plan to call again after official launch on Dec 05.

Scott please do let us know if you get more info on this and the fate of Cinamax too.

Lastly I just moved to Dish 1000 and if want to get int. channel I know I would need to change again, what you guys would suggest is better option to get: 1000+ or secondary dish (500)? and does anyone knows how much would cost to get it (does E* offer some type of free install if int. channel is added to ones programming)?
Thanks.

Last edited:
I was wondering why it's offered with SPT ala carte but not the Portuguese Pak. If it's included at no cost with one channel why not 3.

Ya, they subbed to it.

Person said there at dbstalk:
It came with new German-language package I got, maybe a $2 extra surcharge...
But anyone knows by now about a-la-carte price for Euronews?

Euronews $1.99 A-La-Carte

Ya, they subbed to it.

Person said there at dbstalk:

But anyone knows by now about a-la-carte price for Euronews?

Yes, I know because I added it when I dropped the German package.

A little background. When I called in to ask about it, I was receiving the German package, but was not seing Euronews listed. The CSR told me it was no extra cost, but that they needed to add the code for it to my account. I considered that, but I also had been calling to cancel the German package. I did want to see Euronews, but not keep the package. I was told it would be $1.99 a-la-carte.

So, in the end, I dropped the German package and added Euronews for $1.99/mo a-la-carte. As I am adding a DVB receiver to my 4dtv system, if Euronews is in the clear on C-band, I'll probably drop Euronews off Dish. Until then, I'll keep it on Dish.

I haven't seen it yet, since it did not appear immediately, it was late at night so I left it to reset over night, and did not have time to check this morning.

I'll report what I find tonight.

No it's not in the clear on C Band.

I have seen it a few times in the clear on KU Band (IA 5 I believe) but this was a long time ago.

Some fellow on dbstalk said about Euronews: "Euronews is $1.99 a la carte, and is included at no extra cost with select international packages"

I subscribe to Russian channels. Now they've got a running add inviting me to add EuroNews for 1.99. I ain't gonna add the channel right away, wanna get a feeling of how much it's gonna be a-la-carte for everybody else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)