EuroNews on a super dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

buckeyered

Original poster
Dec 28, 2005
I added the VIVA PINOY pack that includes 3 Filipino channels and EuroNews, I get the Filipino channels but not the EuroNews channel. I called customer service and they said I have a super dish and cant get EuroNews with it and I would have to pay 199.00 to get a dish 500 or 59.00 if I sign another contract. Is it true I need to replace my dish to add this channel? Would I get anything else if I get the 500 or should I stick with what I have?

Thanks

Howdy. EuroNews is on Sat 118. You didnt say what dish you have but I think 118 is only avail on Dish 500+ or Dish 1000+. I dont think 118 is on Superdish. Hope that helps.

I have to admit I don't know the difference in the dish, all I know is I have a super dish. What dish should I get for the best selection of channels? If I add HD programming will they change my dish?

A SuperDish gets either 105°, 110° and 119° or 110°, 119° and 121°. Seeing as you have the filipino pack and you say you have a "superdish" my money is on the one that picks up 110°, 119° and 121°.

According to www.dishchannelchart.com, Euronews is on channel 784 transponder 2 118° in English French and German and at 61.5° and 148° channel 900 in English, Italian, Portugues and on channel 901 in English and Russian.

So any way you cut it, you need a different dish. The Dish 500 PLUS would be the best bet if you want to go through with it. A Dish 500 plus picks up 110°, 119° and 118°. All the filipino channels are available at 118°.

Dish names
Dish 300 = one satellite slot at a time 61.5, 110, 119, 129, 148, 157*
Dish 500 = Two satellite slots at a time, specifically designed for 110°/119° but can be used for any Dish 300 slot and may work for 119°/129° in most parts of the country.
Dish 500 PLUS = 110°/118°/119°
Dish 1000 = Three satellite slots at a time. Specifically designed for 110°/119°/129° but can be used for 129/148 from the Mississippi basin west.
Dish 1000 Plus = 110°/118°/119°/129°
SuperDish 105 (Discontinued) 105°/110°/119°
SuperDish 121 (Discontinued) 110°/119°/121°

What channels are at what satellite locations? See www.dishchannelchart.com

See ya
Tony

*Nothing at this location now

The CSR is wrong. Euronews can be added by ANYONE who can see the appropriate satellites, including 148 degrees, for an a la carte fee of $1.99 per month. First, the CSR claimed it wasn't available for me at 148. She double checked: WRONG! It is available at 148 after all, she said. Then she claimed Euronews was only available with an international pack. She double-checked with a supe: WRONG! It is available a la carte after all, she said. Dish CSR's are funny. Always check this board or practice CSR roulette and compare

As for Euronews: Some people on this board don't like it, but I like it for what it is. It is really a headline news service. There are no reporters or desks or anchors nor at length/depth news coverage: a lot like newsradio ("give us 20 minutes, we'll give you the world" is one newradio slogan). It runs the same half-hour video for several hours before something new is added. They have one segment where they just roll news video without anyone talking, and I have that segment to be absolutely refreshing. Sometimes you have to wait a long time for CNN and others to get around to actually reporting the news what with all the Larry Kings, and other produced programs that never give you a straight newscast, even CNN Headline news has other programming interrupting what should be a newcast.
Sometimes it is the only channel giving a brief run-down of the day's news.

Last edited:
If I signed up for high def channels would they change my dish? I do have the super dish 121 now running two 625's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)