Euronews

EdGrimley

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Lexington, KY
I enjoyed the Euronews (English) free preview at the start of 2010 (chan 900 / 901). So, I called today to find out how to add it for $1.99 to my programming. I expected them to tell me that I needed a new dish, blah blah blah. Instead, they told me that it is only available in the Brazilian Pack at $45/mo. I asked about the $1.99, and they said that it is no longer available after Feb 1. Has anyone else added this channel since Feb 1 w/o subscribing to the Brazilian Pack?

Thanks.
-matt

Well, after another call and an online chat, I've been told that it is no longer available a la carte (at $1.99/mo), and that it is available in "a package that costs $19.99". Oh well, guess I won't be ordering Euronews. It's a shame, too. I really liked that channel.

-matt

Well, after another call and an online chat, I've been told that it is no longer available a la carte (at $1.99/mo), and that it is available in "a package that costs $19.99". Oh well, guess I won't be ordering Euronews. It's a shame, too. I really liked that channel.

-matt

Last year when I was researching this, you could order the package, and then phone back and cancel all the channels except Euronews. That would reduce your cost from $20 down to the per-channel price of $10. Makes no sense but what does?

While it is not the full EuroNews, on LINK-TV, there is DW Journal, which is broadcast in English, from Berlin, and definitely gives a European perspective to news, which includes more than just Europe.

Yea, I was just looking over my bill today and discovered that the French Bouquet I paid for as an annual package back in September was credited back to my account last month and I am now being billed monthly. So I called up to discuss my higher bill and found out that now nothing is billed annually, so I dropped it and told them I wasn't paying the $5 downgrade fee for messing with my billing. They didn't try to add it either. On top of that, I like others wanted to keep EuroNews and found out that it is no longer available a la carte for $1.99/mo. I can understand if they have to send a tech out to install a 500/1000 plus dish for a $2 channel, but for those of us that already have the 118 satellite, allow us to have the channel for the extra $2! I too, tried CSR roulette and they tried to sell me a Porteguese package and then when I didn't want that, they tried to sell me some movie channels! Come on, they've got to train their CSR's better than to sell crap that we don't want. If I wanted movie channels or the Porteguese I would have asked! It's like trying to sell steak to a vegetarian!

I had Euronews, as well. First a la carte, then as part of the French Bouquet. When I canceled my French Bouquet, I requested to keep RFI, and it was granted to me at the $1.99 per month, but RFI, I think, is only available as an a la carte add on. I found, I also lost Euronews, as well.

It is clear that Dish wants people to trade up to a package to get Euronews. Too bad because I would have paid the nominal ($2 ?) a la carte price.

What's worse, it that Dish is just about the only provider that carries Euronews. There is one cable company that carries it, but not in my area. I'm not paying for a $20 international package just to get the channel though. I'm with you, I would have paid the $2 charge for the channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)