Europe Basketball

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

unoquatrouno

Original poster
Dec 26, 2004
I guess Voom delivered on their promise to bring HD Basketball. Did anyone watch it? The PQ was amazing. Thank you Voom!! :)

I am a big NBA fan and i was wondering is Europe Basketball any good i know it is in HD and i might give it a try and watch a game. :D

SonicRob said:
I am a big NBA fan and i was wondering is Europe Basketball any good i know it is in HD and i might give it a try and watch a game. :D
If you're a big NBA fan, maybe you won't like it. What I like best about it is how different it is from the NBA. It's not about the players, it's not all "look at me! look at me!", it's not about showing how tough you are or how angry you can look after a dunk or how much respect you get or how much money you make or how much face time you get or if your pose is good enough to get you on SportsCenter.
It's just good clean team basketball played at a very high level, delivered with stunning pq and the world's worst announcers. I love it. I'm disappointed that I missed yesterday's game. I've thoroughly enjoyed the ones I've watched.

If you like watching good basketball, you'll likely enjoy EuroLeague. If you just like the NBA, maybe not.

I'm watching a rerun of the Real Madrid/Bologna game and noticing another difference or two between the NBA game and the Eurogame.

1. Less whining. I get annoyed watching the NBA -- and college for that matter -- by the constant complaining over the officiating. It would seem that nobody ever commits a foul in the NBA/NCAA -- at least judging by the whining and facial expressions ( :eek: ) almost every time a foul is called :shocked . There's seems to be noticably less of that during these games (and frequently the exceptions are by American players, or Europeans that played college in the States. In this game the only complaining I've seen so far was by Lorbek, who of course played at Michigan State.).

2. Intensity. It's more like NBA playoffs, or anytime college, level intensity. They try hard the whole game. Just makes it more exciting for me.

Some more thoughts. . .

I've done a fair amount of complaining about the announcers on these games, so it's only fair that I take the time to point out improvement when I see it. And if I ever do, I will! Just kidding -- couldn't resist. :D
I think the play-by-play guy sounds much more comfortable than he did in the other game I saw with him. Doing a pretty good job actually. The other guy still blows.

And finally . . . some shots of the Euro-hot cheerleaders shakin' what their Euro-mamas gave them! :smug :shocked :yes There was a quick shot of the group at the second timeout in the first quarter -- and two shots during the second quarter. One was even a close-up of some spectacularly hot EuroBabe. Thank you, WorldSport, it's about time. Nice. But don't get too excited -- we're talkin' 'bout a total of about five seconds of hotness. (Note to those at WorldSport: I have very little desire to look at close-ups of sweaty basketball players huddling around a clipboard when there's a timeout. How about switching up the ratio and showing me 57 seconds of EuroSexy and use the three seconds up on the huddle? Just a suggestion. But please, Please, PLEASE!)

Wow... talk about fast results! At the break with 6:25 to go in the fourth, they showed quite a bit of the cheerleaders-- so nice! :shocked The play-by-play guy even seemed distracted - I suspect he was watching his monitor.

Good job, WorldSport!

joep said:
I am curious…Is the Euroleague basketball telecast exclusive to Voom or is it available with D* or cable? Just wondering if/when Voom shuts down.
VOOM has exclusive HD rights in the US while NBATV has exclusive SD rights. But I believe that NBATV hasn't shown any games yet.

TheTimm said:
Wow... talk about fast results! At the break with 6:25 to go in the fourth, they showed quite a bit of the cheerleaders-- so nice! :shocked The play-by-play guy even seemed distracted - I suspect he was watching his monitor.

Good job, WorldSport!

Just saw that in the replay... nice :eek: :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)