Europe to USA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

risto

Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
My father who is a total satellite fan for life,
brought an Echosmart DSB 771 receiver and LNB from Europe to US. We are trying to set it up, using a dish 500 DN.

I have no idea how to help him set things up- although I am so trying to be a techy girl.

I wanted to know if anyone knows whether these receivers actually can work here? Before I continue to waist time further.
THANXXX

the dish is too small.....here in North America a 30" dish is required.

The LNB should work assuming its a Universal KU Band LNB...are there any numbers/markings on the LNB?

Thanks tons.
The dish is something I found in my back yard: Dish network 500.
Miniscule compared to the one he had at home.
The LNB is Universal Single 40 mm IDLP-40 SL.
I am also trying to change all the channel frequencies for US region? Is there an easy way to do this, all the software have a european set up?
I appreciate your input immensely.

I looked at the specs for the receiver and it shows it has a blind scan function. You shouldn't have to worry about manually changing the freqs already loaded in the receiver. It might be best to do a receiver reset to clear the memory, put the dish on a satellite and then do a blind scan to find the channels on that satellite. If the receiver has only European satellites loaded, you should be able to delete the EU sats and load US sats. Hope the receiver came with the English version of the manual. Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts